1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worries, worries, and more worries

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by estrella, Nov 17, 2013.

1. estrella

I am dating this guy and I really like him. He's so down to earth and honest (plus, completely adorable!). We've been talking about sex in general, and I've told him I've only ever given oral--never received it. I kind of want to try it, but I'm not completely sure at this point. A major issue I have is the fact that I have Fordyce spots (at least, they look like fordyce spots) on my vagina, on the labia.

I've been to two different gynecologists--the first of which wasn't aware of it, but apparently never noticed. The second of which I pointed it out to him and was told that he wasn't sure what it is. He wanted to prescribe an anti-fungal medication to me for it, but said that it's probably nothing to worry about. Assuming that since I'm a virgin, it is not genital warts or an STD, of that I am sure.

However, I am going to the doctor this coming Saturday to get another prescription for my birth control. Since I'm becoming sexually active, should I get it checked out again, since it does concern me? I really do not want to freak my boyfriend out, and I will have to tell him. I mean, they--the spots--have been there since I was a little girl, around six years old.

Advice?

2. Well there's no way you have an STD, so don't worry about that. I don't think there's any harm in bringing them up again, with your doctor. Maybe bring some information on fordyce spots, it's possible your doctor hasn't heard of them. I also agree you should tell your boyfriend before hand, I'm sure he'll be accepting and not mind at all once you've explained the situation. :slight_smile:

3. squally89

Did you consider getting a blood test?
    Not to freak you out or anything, but just because you're virgin doesn't necessary mean you're free of STDs. Your parents can pass on things to you.

Given the information you provided I wouldn't freak out too much about it though, but do consider getting your blood checked.