1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yasmin02, Sep 28, 2020.

1. yasmin02

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello!

So I am currently closeted as a trans female, and I recently began to reach out online to members of the LGBTQ+ community but I can only do so on my school chromebook. I am afraid that my parents may eventually check my device or email. These fears are escalated because I was just caught last year in a secret relationship (female) with an online catfish and for converting to Islam which they do not like so they are always suspicious of me. I wish to continue connecting because I have never felt so valid and alive but I also worry a lot about getting caught. What should I do to reduce anxiety?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am guessing that moving out is not an option right now, but start thinking about moving out as soon as you can.

To browse without leaving a trace you can use privacy mode in most browsers which will not keep a history. Or, after you browse (say if you look up articles on the Qu'ran or gender dysphoria etc), never work longer than an hour at a time and once you finish reading delete one hour of your browser history (don't delete the entire browser history as that might look suspicious). Never browse things when someone who will hurt you about it can look over your shoulder (only be online when alone at home or when you are away from home).

Meditation and mindfulness can help with anxiety but both are long term things, they won't make it go away instantly.

Be careful about meeting people online and especially those saying they want a relationship, even more so if they say they "love" you. Scammers abound online.

edit to add: you could create an email address that they do not know about. memorize the address and password and never write it down. delete any cookies involved with it, don't save the address online or have an auto login. Be careful what to call it and with the password, don't let it be too easy to guess.

#2 QuietPeace, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    yasmin02 likes this.
  3. yasmin02

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you miss