When did you realize?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, May 31, 2017.

1. Emma 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    started questioning at 16...I'm 18 now and identify as a lesbian...but sometimes I have doubts- is that normal?

2. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always really known, but I didn't realize until I was 19. I never went through a period of "questioning". For the first 19 and a half years of my life I considered myself straight. Then I was sitting in an ethnic & gender equity class in college. The topic was gay & lesbian, and it just dawned on me. Hit me like a rock. From that point on I never denied it, I just accepted it. But I never really went through any kind of questioning period. It literally was like someone flipped a light switch and I was like, "DUH!"

3. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My entire life I've known I wasn't attracted to guys, I always just thought "So I wont ever date anyone ever, big deal" I never even considered I might be gay. It wasn't until last year, when I was 16 that I fell hard for a girl on swim team that I realized I was a lesbian.

4. LateNights

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I realized the moment I dreamed about my 2nd grade teacher who was also a female. I would literally think about her everyday and was more excited about seeing her rather than hanging out with classmates.

5. izziep11

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There were a lot of signs that I like girls that I ignored. I made lesbian couples on the Sims when I was like 9 or 10, but I didn't want my parents to find out. This is kinda funny, I remember the first time I ever heard the song "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry I was like "hey, I wanna kiss a girl!" When I was around 12 I had a crush on one of my female friends. We're still friends and I still kinda have a crush on her. I didn't admit to myself that I like girls until I was 15.

6. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About 13, came to terms with it at about 44.

7. Jazmine01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always had a feeling I wasn't straight. The label 'straight' just didn't feel right to me, even when I was little. I knew I was attracted to boys and girls, but didn't think much about it. Thankfully, I grew up in a very accepting family, so having a different sexuality didn't worry me. Around 2-3 years ago I started thinking more and more about my sexuality. I had a hard time figuring out if I was bisexual or pansexual. Now I am 15 and proudly out as pansexual.

8. Garm147

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe around my 25/26 years... at a work meeting... when i saw this beautiful nurse. I needed to listen what she was saying but... i got lost in her eyes. :slight_smile:

9. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    11 or 12: realized i was into girls as well as guys
    15: realized i was a lesbian

10. LisaJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With me being gender fluid,when I was 5 years old being the curious boy.I always had feelings that I was really male and female liking to wear girl's clothing

11. Taraeos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was about sixteen. To be honest, I'd never really thought about it before then- but I'd never considered girls in that way either, I was far more focused on my school work and friends. Then I remember just lying in bed one night and thinking what it would be like to be with a guy (just generally) and then started considering it more and more as tine went on and realized that I was physically attracted to guys and not girls.

12. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still think been gay is wrong because of my mental health problem. thats what my obsessive compulsive disorder is about every mental compulsive ritual I do I after say not gay. so it will take bit for me to say I am gay to people. I can mentally relise to my self I am gay and mental health worker and autism social worker. and here but not family.

#52 spaceintime2032, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known I was bi since age sixteen, when I decided other people's prejudices don't have to define my life and allowed myself to be me. :slight_smile:
    The gray-A part of my orientation has always been more obvious and I've just always known that but didn't have a word. I thought I was just weird. The day I found out I wasn't alone was the best feeling in the world.

#53 The Escapist, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  14. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's rough. You will get through it though I promise you. <3
    My OCD had me constantly having to tell myself I AM this. I AM that. But instead I eventually decided to force myself to refuse that compelling voice and I have never felt more free.

15. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Can't say I know exactly when but I recall it being later in high school. I was like 16 or so. But to this day, I still don't know how I would identify my sexual orientation.

16. Landon

I was 12 and noticed that I found almost everyone hot and didn't have any standards. I was 100% I was bisexual, and at this time I just discovered the label. Just to ease my worries and judgemental opinions for others, I constantly reminded myself that I'm mainly heterosexual but would 100% date a girl if ONLY she is attracted to me.

Later on, I realized that girls were pretty darn hot and my opinions changed, I was still bisexual but with a STRONG preference of girls.

Turning 13, I was watching my favorite YouTuber, jefree star and realized I had a strong urge to date this person. I even though of having a relationship with them. And I also discovered that I had huge crushes on gay men. No matter their sexuality, I still wanted to date them. Then, I was introduced to gender identities. It came to the point where I found myself also attracted to nonbinary, transgenders, agender a, etc. and become very confused.

I rember being on tumblr one day and seeing the word 'pansexual' I fastly clicked on it and took awhile to process it. and now here I am, a 14year old pansexual!

17. Papa Joey

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well for the trans male part i guess there have allways been clues i just didnt put it together until recently. When i was real young i questioned being a boy and thought about it a lot before i knew it was a thing. I've allways been quite masculine in how i act and prefer boy cut stuff so when i heard trans male was a thing i thought about it for a bit and i guess it just clicked and i had that a ha moment. The pans part came when i realised i really jave no opposition to dating anyone i simply have a preference for men so i say im gay even though im totally down to date a girl if she's the right one. It sorta just comes with time. You experiment and question yourself and slowly figure it out.

18. dyates

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought about guys when I was like 12/13, but I felt pressed to date girls, I actually had a girlfriend when I was 15, and I realized I was gay, when I started to feel so uncomfortable with her to the point of not being able to kiss her.
    At that age I moved to another city, started to live alone, and that actually helped me with the process of finding myself. I had my first relationship with gay with 16.

19. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Growing up I was always a tomboy and had little crushes on girls here and there but never really gave it any thought . High school I was in a on and off relationship with my best friend, while still hooking up with guys during the off times. In my early 20's I never gave my sexuality a real thought , I just always assumed I was straight but just hadn't found the right person yet. A couple years ago , I thought I was crushing on this totally awesome guy , he was everything I thought I wanted, and we clicked and even went out on a couple dates. New Year's Eve he came over to my apartment to hang out , watch movies, and ring in the New Year together. At midnight he kissed me, and I felt nothing, I just wanted it to end, so it did. It was really awkward after that so he left, I think he could feel that I wasn't into it. After this I realized I actually wasn't into him , but I admired him, and wanted to truly just be his friend , not see him naked lol. This made me think of all the past attractions I had had towards girls in the past , and how I truly felt myself when I had been in a relationship with one. Walking down the street my eyes always gravitated towards the pretty girls , not the handsome guys.

20. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I've kind of always known I had an odd interest in girls, I was just in denial. A few years ago I realized I wasn't the only one. A year ago was when I finally realized that I was gay.