1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sayitforreals, Aug 15, 2008.

1. sayitforreals

alright, so i have been speaking to this guy i met through a mutual friend. he is gay and funny, but to be perfectly honest, i'm just not emotionally or physically attracted to him. here's the problem. after we started talking i got a message in my truth box (its an anonymous comment thing?) saying:

"so you should come out and date me... it would be sooo much fun."

UGH!

and to make things worse i mis-read it the first time and thought it said something about hanging out and i was like:

"i can't if i don't know who this is?"

so it totally sounds like i am leading him on, but being as it is all anonymous truth box and everything i could totally just pretend that i have no idea who it is. but idk...

so really, put yourself in my shoes. what would you do?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If it is him posting in your truth box, then I would just ignore it. He may get courageous and say something to your face. Then you should be prepared to talk to him honestly about how you feel. Tell him you find him funny and like him as a friend and that you don't want to lead him on by agreeing to date when you're not "feeling it".

3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

well i think gettin gettin asked out online is tacky lol
    but wait and see if he talks to you about it.
    and if he does just tell him your not ready to come out and date yet.
    or use the "just wanna be friends" line

4. Derek the Wolf

I would say that first you need to figure out who asked you out. if you're not attracted to this guy then dont go out with him. you cant force it though. i would recommend getting to know the guy a little better, and if he's not the one then tell him so and break it off before it gets too serious. try not to hurt him, but take care of yourself too. good luck.

5. silentsound

Because you don't technically know who it is, I would just let it lie for now. If he approaches you directly, tell him how you feel. You could try making a mental script for this situation in your head before hand as you might be feeling a little bit emotionally overloaded when he approaches you, this tactic definitely helped me in communicating the things I was feeling in my coming out as well as other situations that require a dose of honesty that is not too nice to administer. I hope it all works out, I'm sure it will be ok.

6. sayitforreals

ok, well to be perfectly honest i have maybe 3 gay people on my myspace friends.

one is my bestie. not him.

then there are two other guys. i don't ever talk to one of them, but the other day i commented this guy. (call him jeff) well i sent him a comment about his song, and then he commented back and so on and so forth, and then the next thing i know i have this message saying i should come out and date this person. later that night his guy adds me on aim. and talks to me. nothing serious. (i never needed to call him jeff)

the last time i saw this person i got another message in my truth box saying i was cool and if i was more comfortable with myself then they would want to date me.

so i mean i pretty much know it is jeff. i know him a bit, and i just don't feel it.

my friend wes told me that i should hang out with him and try to like him. but i think that is stupid?

SOOO you guys think i should ignore it for now?

7. sayitforreals

ok you guys all the problems are solved.

i responded to the "anonymous" message telling the person that A he shouldnt worry about my out status and B i wasnt interested. so as far as he knows, i don't know who it is? haha. so yeah. and btw i didnt say it as douchey as that sounds.

8. Lychee

Thats a good idea :]