1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What D&D Character are you?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by White Knight, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I don't know how I got those rolls I guess I'm really lucky

2. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I wish we could get together and actually pay some D&D:frowning2:

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

You Are A:

Lawful Good Half-Elf Paladin/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 20
    Dexterity- 20
    Constitution- 19
    Intelligence- 20
    Wisdom- 20
    Charisma- 19

Alignment:
    Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
    Half-Elves have the curiosity and ambition for their human parent and the refined senses and love of nature of their elven parent, although they are outsiders among both cultures. To humans, half-elves are paler, fairer and smoother-skinned than their human parents, but their actual skin tones and other details vary just as human features do. Half-elves tend to have green, elven eyes. They live to about 180.

Primary Class:
    Paladins- Paladins take their adventures seriously, and even a mundane mission is, in the heart of the paladin, a personal test an opportunity to demonstrate bravery, to learn tactics, and to find ways to do good. Divine power protects these warriors of virtue, warding off harm, protecting from disease, healing, and guarding against fear. The paladin can also direct this power to help others, healing wounds or curing diseases, and also use it to destroy evil. Experienced paladins can smite evil foes and turn away undead. A paladin's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast. Many of the paladin's special abilities also benefit from a high Charisma score.

Secondary Class:
    Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would play a character with high charisma and win some fights before even drawing +6 weapons of evil undone. Sometimes I'm more interested in exploring planes and worlds than killing. You sound like a fun guy!

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You Are A:
    Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 16
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 18
    Charisma- 15
    Alignment:
    Lawful Good-*A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
    Humans*are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
    Sorcerers-*Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

Not bad.

5. White Knight

Thanks (friend invite coming in a moment as a bonus :grin:).

Then I can say best character for you is a Bard. While people usually see bards as singing idiots, I always see my bards as story tellers instead of singers.

Elaine Cunningham even written a dwarven "political cartoonist" bard in Elfsong.

People usually view class as weak, especially in games like DDO. For me it is one of my favored 3 (along with Sorcerer and Druid). For my campaigns someone must play a bard or rogue(which is my cousin's favored class) to over come dialog hurdles.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I could deal with a Half-Elf Rogue; specializes in setting traps and assassinations, is silver tongued, cunning, and has a captivating personality despite their talented inclinations.

A rogue is how I perceive myself, anyway, so that works out perfect. I could do without the robbing aspect; though, I could do it to the deserving. Of course, we'd have to define 'deserving'.

Just out of curiosity, what would you say my Ability Scores are/should be, White Knight?

7. White Knight

That depends on campaign you are playing. Trap designs in the campaing. What style of play campaign require.

To give an example in DDO most rogues need at least 14 preferably 16 starting intellect to successfully handle traps in elite gameplay. Dexterity is their main attribute so after putting enough points in Con, Str and maybe Wisdom rest goes there. Let me open this up a bit...

Con is needed for end game instance where you can't avoid damage and hit you for good chunk of HP... so 14 is good or 12 if you are an Elf.

Str is usually left at 13 or 14 by Assassin specs as it allow them to get Power Attack feat which help them to deal higher damage where/if they can't flank enemies to get sneak attack bonus.

Wisdom more of a newbie stat for rogues. It helps you spot traps on lower levels. However veterans can leave it at 8 as we all know where those traps are by heart after years of gameplay.

Charisma is left at 8 or 6 if you are a Dwarf at it is most useless stat for a rogue unless you are going for Use Magical Device using rogue which is kinda rare and items will fix negative bonuses anyway in the long run. By default DDO needs social skills (Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate) in very few places and mostly for bonus content or passing some mid bosses without fight.

If you are playing a pen and paper game, all depends on your die rolls and again the campaign design. In a game will take place in wilderness you won't be needing too much social skills but athletic ones will be crucial. In an adventure dealing with political shitstorms you won't be needing any trap skills at all... well if your DM is reasonable one.

Best part of D&D or roleplaying games is they are group games. So when you fail in one task your team member will shoulder the task. If your rogue needs a magical seal to be broken, she just step aside and make space for sorcerer. If they get lost in wilderness, druid or rogue in the party will lead them to safe spots. If they are facing some god knows what monster, cleric or wizard will try to help them with their knowledge of planes/undead etc. If they are facing an undead army with human necromancer commander, fighter will attract attention while rogue slips behind the lines to bring down the source of the problem.

This is why I like D&D or liked City of Heroes. I love being part of something greater I think.

8. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    You Are A:

True Neutral Human Monk (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 9
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 12

Alignment:
    True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
    Monks- Monks are versatile warriors skilled at fighting without weapons or armor. Good-aligned monks serve as protectors of the people, while evil monks make ideal spies and assassins. Though they don't cast spells, monks channel a subtle energy, called ki. This energy allows them to perform amazing feats, such as healing themselves, catching arrows in flight, and dodging blows with lightning speed. Their mundane and ki-based abilities grow with experience, granting them more power over themselves and their environment. Monks suffer unique penalties to their abilities if they wear armor, as doing so violates their rigid oath. A monk wearing armor loses their Wisdom and level based armor class bonuses, their movement speed, and their additional unarmed attacks per round.

9. White Knight

Okay first of all someone should slap that creator of the test silly... Why people end up with alignments not related to their classes? Chaotic good Monk/Druid. True Neutral Monk?

Anyway I use my unlimited GM powers and turn you into a Lizard Folk Monk...

[​IMG]

See... you are still cute and green. :grin:

10. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Hehe... I wouldn't say cute, personally, but it works :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Nikky DoUrden

dont give lizard folks bows, they seem to have some racial bonus for ranged attack they snipe through my mages AND cleric like butter on icewind dale! makes me prepare spells >.>'

12. Ryujin

You Are A:

True Neutral Elf Wizard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 8
    Dexterity- 10
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 8
    Charisma- 12

Alignment:
    True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
    Elves are known for their poetry, song, and magical arts, but when danger threatens they show great skill with weapons and strategy. Elves can live to be over 700 years old and, by human standards, are slow to make friends and enemies, and even slower to forget them. Elves are slim and stand 4.5 to 5.5 feet tall. They have no facial or body hair, prefer comfortable clothes, and possess unearthly grace. Many others races find them hauntingly beautiful.

Class:
    Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
    Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)

Law & Chaos:
    Law ----- XXXXXXX (7)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
    Chaos --- XXXXXXXX (8)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Evil ---- XXX (3)

Race:
    Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Dwarf ---- XXXX (4)
    Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
    Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
    Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Half-Orc - XX (2)

Class:
    Barbarian - XXXXXXXX (8)
    Bard ------ XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Cleric ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
    Druid ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Fighter --- XXXXXX (6)
    Monk ------ XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Ranger ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
    Rogue ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
    Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
    Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)

Geez, I struggled at that one, lots of questions where my preferred answer wasn't there, so, I didn't like it much.

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2014 at 01:13 PM ----------

I wasn't aware that 20 was achievable with 3d6

13. White Knight

Only with racial bonus. Elf/Halfling/Drow can get 20 dex, Horc 20 Str, Dorf/Forged/Gnome 20 Con, Drow 20 int and 20 charisma.

That is the reason why some races considered better in some classes like Drow for arcane casters, Halfling for rogues and Elf for ranger/rogue.

That was 3,5 of course. On 4th Ed negative ability scores removed. I am still not very acostumed to DnD Next but I think that trend continue on new edition as well.

14. Nikky DoUrden

But he got rolled 19+ in all stats!
    He must be half-dragon or something.
    Half orc can also get 19 con i think, but in expense of 17 dex!

15. Jadzia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You Are A:

True Neutral Halfling Druid (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 8
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 12
    Charisma- 10

Alignment:

Race:
    Halflings are clever, capable and resourceful survivors. They are notoriously curious and show a daring that many larger people can't match. They can be lured by wealth but tend to spend rather than hoard. They prefer practical clothing and would rather wear a comfortable shirt than jewelry. Halflings stand about 3 feet tall and commonly live to see 150.

Class:
    Druids- Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

16. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ok, let's try this again. I responded yesterday without fully reading the topic first, now that I've actually taken the test, here it is:

You Are A: Neutral Good Human Bard (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 17
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 13
    Wisdom: 12
    Charisma: 12

Alignment: Neutral Good
    A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race: Human
    Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class: Bard
    Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

17. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You Are A:

Neutral Good Human Druid/Cleric (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 15

Alignment:
    Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:

Primary Class:
    Druids- Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

Secondary Class:
    Clerics- Clerics act as intermediaries between the earthly and the divine (or infernal) worlds. A good cleric helps those in need, while an evil cleric seeks to spread his patron's vision of evil across the world. All clerics can heal wounds and bring people back from the brink of death, and powerful clerics can even raise the dead. Likewise, all clerics have authority over undead creatures, and they can turn away or even destroy these creatures. Clerics are trained in the use of simple weapons, and can use all forms of armor and shields without penalty, since armor does not interfere with the casting of divine spells. In addition to his normal complement of spells, every cleric chooses to focus on two of his deity's domains. These domains grants the cleric special powers, and give him access to spells that he might otherwise never learn. A cleric's Wisdom score should be high, since this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (27)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (27)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
    Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
    Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
    Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Law & Chaos:
    Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Chaos --- XXXX (4)

Good & Evil:
    Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
    Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
    Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
    Dwarf ---- XXXX (4)
    Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Half-Orc - XXXX (4)

Class:
    Barbarian - XXXXXX (6)
    Bard ------ XXXXXXXX (8)
    Cleric ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Druid ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
    Fighter --- XXXXXX (6)
    Monk ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Ranger ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Rogue ----- XXXX (4)
    Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
    Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)

18. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    or if you have a really cool DM. aside from stat bumps gained by wearing magic items, a DM that I played with allowed us to raise ability scores by paying 1 wish spell per point. we weren't allowed to cast said wish ourselves unless it was found on a scroll, meaning the spell had to be paid for and there was a time limit he placed on how often we were able to do this also.

19. White Knight

While we are talking about DnD and characters... if you ever find yourself attending a game and need of fast character sheet for higher level characters check Pathguy's character generators for several versions of D&D.

Link is for 3,5 edition but (in case you are missing links on the page) you can find ones for 4th Ed. DnD, DnDNext (5th Ed) or Pathfinder. 3,5 even comes with several prestige classes which is cool.

20. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ability Scores:
    Strength- 9
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 8
    Intelligence- 13
    Wisdom- 9
    Charisma- 12

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil- A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. Chaotic evil is sometimes called demonic because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the best alignment you can be because combines self-interest and pure freedom. However, chaotic evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but also of the order on which beauty and life depend.

Race:

Class:
    Rogues- Rogues have little in common with each other. While some - maybe even the majority - are stealthy thieves, many serve as scouts, spies, investigators, diplomats, and simple thugs. Rogues are versatile, adaptable, and skilled at getting what others don't want them to get. While not equal to a fighter in combat, a rogue knows how to hit where it hurts, and a sneak attack can dish out a lot of damage. Rogues also seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to avoiding danger. Experienced rogues develop nearly magical powers and skills as they master the arts of stealth, evasion, and sneak attacks. In addition, while not capable of casting spells on their own, a rogue can sometimes 'fake it' well enough to cast spells from scrolls, activate wands, and use just about any other magic item.

(Haha, I would have guessed Gelatinous Cube!):badgrin: