1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jonathan, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love buffalo chicken pizza. It's the only pizza I ever eat. >>

2. Hexagon

Well, it's complicated. But the first time I died my hair green, I was going for blue. But I preferred green. And all the other greens I used after were real green, but they weren't as good. So I used the same dye as the first time, but it's not as green as it was.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

For one, why do the best ideas come when you're in the shower or on the toilet? Great for the future mad genius, not so much for the water bill.

Anyway... 2 ideas. What if there was a place where a closeted and/or impoverished young trans kid could go to get a little box full of the basics they might want or need for starting to present as themselves? The guys could go for a binder, a packer, a cheap STP (or combine the packer/STP) and the girls- well, I don't exactly know (what would a young trans girl want when she starts coming out and presenting?) Both boxes would have resources for coming out and a parent's guide. And the packaging would be discreet so if the kid lived in a very unaccepting home and/or they weren't ready to come out then that box could come in and no one would know except the kid what was in there. And maybe the contents could be customizable so say the kid was non binary but needed a binder- voila, they can have a binder and omit anything that didn't work. I have friends who can't afford a binder/packer and I know how it's affecting their quality of life. Honestly, it took packing and binding for me to start being comfortable with myself. So I want someone who's going to benefit from it to have that.

Second idea is a little NSFW but what about certain toys designed for trans (pre or non op most likely) people? And some toys would be designed to work like traditional toys for one's birth parts but be packaged in such a way that they're not "for her" or "for him" (this is definitely an issue for someone who's comfortable using those parts but wouldn't wanna walk into the ladies section of the store, so to say) Others would be designed to work with one's original parts but in such a way that it can minimize dysphoria. For example, a trans guy (only because I'm going by my personal experience) could have a prosphetic with a vibrating motor in the base. And feel realistic enough that it's like you actually have a dick but it's doing something for you.

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now I'm a little upset.

I knew this would happen.

5. Hexagon

Still rather upset about this. Anyone got any comments?

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That's really weird. Hm. Well, as far as I know, my brother and mine's blood group doesn't match our parents. Might not be too uncommon. You've probably got someone in the family with the same blood type.

And waiting for my mom to leave so I can get out of the shower and go to work. Could she have taken any longer??

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *When a so-called credible source turns out to be FOX News*

[​IMG]

8. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you think you're able to bring it up with your parents, I think you should, if you feel as if it will help ease any worries.

I'm uninformed about blood types, so I really can't offer any logical explanation. Sorry.

(*hug*)

9. AlamoCity

What is your parents and your blood type? Parents with A and B could have a child with O blood if they are actually AO BO. If they're AB AB then they can't have O children. It's been a while since I took biology so I'm going off of memory.

#5249 AlamoCity, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  10. Hexagon

It isn't possible. I've checked it out, and my rh group is dominant, and my parents both have the recessive, as far as they've told me.

11. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its National Chocolate Day everyone lets all eat chocolate together. Happy chocolate day here a hug (*hug*).

12. Hexagon

Thanks anyway. (*hug*) There may be nothing to it; maybe one of them was mistaken about their type. But it's freaking me out to confront the rather disturbing possibility that this is what it seems.

I'm A+. My mother is O-, my father A-. So while I could of got the A from him, what about the +?

13. AlamoCity

Hexagon, could your mother have said that she is O-negative simply because that is the universal blood type that she would get in an emergency and that way she would never have a medical error happen if she were to need to get blood?

14. timo

Facebook chat's 'seen at [time]' but no response is the most horrible thing ever and causes some major texting anxieties :grin:

15. Hexagon

I sincerely doubt it. She didn't know what the universal donor type was when I asked her. I had to tell her she was universal.

16. AlamoCity

Well, the simplest explanation is that one of y'alls blood typing got mixed up or your mom or dad got confused with what their blood type is. You can bring it up saying that they need to make sure what is their blood type/rhesus factor so that in an emergency there isn't confusion and a possible deadly error. That's how you can bring it up nonchalantly.

If that doesn't solve the issues, well, we both know the several possibilities that that would mean. I just wish you the best. (*hug*)

17. Hiems

I think you being Rh+ would only be a problem if your mom was Rh- because her immune system would have attacked your Rh+ erythrocytes. If your dad was Rh- and your mom was Rh+, her immune system would not attack your Rh+ erythrocytes.

Ask your mom if the doctor gave her a Rhogam injection. It's used for Rh incompatibility. Rhogam would have prevented her immune system from attacking your erythrocytes, meaning you're fine.

#5257 Hiems, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  18. Hexagon

Thanks. I'll bring it up that way, if possible. My father has a donor's card, and I'll ask to see it when he's available. As for my mother, that will be harder, but I'll figure it out. Thanks for your support, all.

19. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Honestly, I think it's incredibly likely someone has the wrong blood type in mind. I'm frankly not aware of many people in my daily living that are 100% sure what theirs is.

20. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope everything turns out well, Hexagon! (*hug*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.