What am i

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NamesAreCool, Feb 3, 2022.

?

Am i lgbtq

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  1. NamesAreCool

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like women like alot and i have no intrest in men but sometimes i act weird like doing softie girl stuff or something

omg im so cringe
    also if im lgbtq+ my house is extremely homophobic (i live with my parents and siblings) like they is gay as an insult (my mom tells them to stop) but yea so please help

(im male)

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    NamesAre Cool.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help so many years ago. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! I really want to help you, but you haven't given us very much to go on. You say that you are straight but curious and that sometimes you; "act weird like doing softie girl stuff or something". I'm not really sure that I understand what that means. :old_frown: You say your house is homophobic. You are 19 years old...so are you still living at home or are you on your own? I think that I need a little more information in order to be helpful. If you feel that you can share a bit more about your home life and the situation that you are in, I think that we would be able to do a better job of helping you! We really do want to help in any way that we can, but right now I'd be afraid to give you very many suggestions as I just don't know enough about the situation that you are in. So please get back to us as soon as you can with more info about your living conditions because we really do want to help! :old_big_grin: In the meantime you can start looking at the rest of Empty Closets...there are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! This is a safe community of caring and supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets. :old_big_grin:
    …..David :gay_pride_flag:

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @NamesAreCool

Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

It sounds like you may be viewing and navigating the world under the influence of some unhelpful and inaccurate gender stereotypes. The phrase “softie girl stuff” is actually s little offensive. Perhaps you should spend some time reviewing and reevaluating your own perceptions of gender?

#3 LostInDaydreams, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  4. NamesAreCool

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes i still live in my own house and when i said the softie girl thing i think i was being confusing

So i just act like a girl Sometimes But dont get me wrong i like women So i just wanted to know what that means

5. ThxSens8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Acting feminine as a man does not make you LGBTQIA.
    If you like women, you are not gay.
    If you like men even a little bit, you could be bi or pansexual.
    If you don't feel comfortable in your body and wish you were a woman, you could be trans.
    If you are not interested in sex at all, you could be asexual.

Also, you don't need a label. Just be yourself, love yourself for who you are, embrace your masculine and feminine qualities and be confident. You deserve to be happy. You deserve love and you don't deserve insults.

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you expand on what you mean when you say that you act like a girl sometimes? :slight_smile:

7. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    NamesAreCool.....There are plenty of guys who are straight but have feminine traits. It's just the way some of us are. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I know a guy who is outwardly quite feminine and has six children. He's a great dad, I have taught some of his kids and they were well adjusted, good kids. So I don't see any problem there, if that is the kind of thing that you are talking about. Again, I'm a little confused about what you meant by that comment about "softie girl stuff". If I've got that wrong or you want to add something to the conversation...go for it! I'm listening! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

8. NamesAreCool

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thaanksssssssss

9. ThxSens8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! It's nice to know when a post is appreciated.

Also remember, gay is not an insult. The person saying it is often (not always) a repressed bi or gay themself. You can either let it roll off your back and say whatever, or you can call them out for being homophobes.

One time in college, my roommate (who was totally straight) got called "fag" and he responded "Yeah, and what if I am gay? What the f*k would you do about it?"
    He totally blew me away with his bravery in saying that. He never got messed with again after that and at the same time he called them out for their homophobia. It made me wish I had thought of that kind of response in high school. I think that was the last time I heard someone use gay as an insult. I'm thinking it's just a high school (read = very childish) thing to do nowadays.

If it's something you might be into, you might want to look into doing some martial arts of some kind. It can be a real confidence builder. With the right martial art, being smaller is not a disadvantage.