1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TRANS? ] Confused about everything

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Moodywood, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Moodywood

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know wherewto start...

So why not make a little résumé of my life so far?

So here's the story of life.

I was born on the 6th December 2000 in north of the France. Everything was great, even if I had one month in advance, my parents didn't care bexause I was a healthy baby. But... They didn't noticed something was wrong... I was born a girl ? But that's weird because... That's not hiw i felt when i was growing up. This feeling of wrongness never stopped growing up with me. My mum told me that, whenwiwhe was around four, i waswalways crying about not being a boy. I would walk around topless, go to the swimming pool top mess, and a day I asked my mother "Mum...why didn't make me a boy?" and i remember this. Because i repeared that all over and over again. I was a boy. Not a girl. I wanted to be a boy! Boys were so cool! Having short hair! Wearing cool shirts, not dresses! I hated to be girly, I hate every single thing of being a girl. Ugh, i hated to have to sit to pee. People at school would call me a tomboy, I hated that. Stop calling me this! Then, when I was 10,i started theatre. Oh my god, acting became such an important part of my life, and will always be, I had always male characters. And when (I had cut my short hair) I was around 11/12 some people would call me a boy (strangers) but the weird thing is that I would correct them directly.

My want to be a boy never stopped. I'm 17. I've talked about it to my mom and she's not really understanding me. I've talked about it to my Therapist couple of days ago. I don't want to say that I came out because I have strictly no idea if I am a girl that wants to do whatever she wants to do, or just a boy trapped into a female body.
    The thing is, if I decide to transition... How would I be able to be an actor know for his talent other than "the transgender one" or just with all the transphobia.. And I sadly know that my father will never accept me. Along with my brother i grew up with. Actually my mom says that she's blaming herself because i always played with boy toys and I grew up with my brother. We were very close. My father is a bit transphobic, and homophobic. Because yeah, maybe I am more a gay boy than a trans girl

2. Moodywood

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not trans girl, straight girl*

3. Kelania

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Moodywood, Kelania again. I think I posted on another one of you're threads.

Anyway! I think it's obvious that you're not happy with the body that you were born with. The best thing to do for yourself is change that. You worry that you're family will not accept you. It is your body so you decide what you want. Remind you're family that they loved you before so why not now!
    You worry that you will only get 'Trans' parts as roles in an acting career. This isn't all bad as it can help include some representation in film. Transgender characters can also have an indepth background to them eg. Laverne Cox in OITNB. If this still isn't your sort of thing, you should still get roles as male characters. Fighting against sexism and homophobia is at it's prime currently and it should be likely you still get roles.

4. Moodywood

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah but like transgender beg for roles, and they are treated as monsters and as abomination