1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things I did today

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Exploring, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Exploring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I talked with a therapist about my identity issues. She was very supportive and told me I was very brave.

My wife let me try on some of her clothes. I didn't feel strange or uncomfortable in them at all except for the shoes. I had trouble getting in and out of them though.

I talked to some transgender people I know. One of them is FtM and he has some male celebrities that are his fashion goals to dress like. I realized that mine if I decide to transition would probably be Zoey Deschanel.

I don't know how I feel after doing all that. I am extremely overwhelmed by everything new and scary that I did today and mostly don't want to think about my gender for the next 36 hours or so. Is that normal?

Dragon Master likes this.
  2. Dragon Master

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know this was written about a month ago, but as someone whose been waiting for somebody to help me out with my identity issues, I figured it's best for you to know that I read it and I do have answer for you.
    Yes, it's normal to not want to think about gender for a long period of time. Identity crisises and dysphoria are exhausting. I suggest doing other things like your favorite hobby to get your mind off of gendered thoughts. I hope this helped :slight_smile: