1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the LGBTQ opinion on pewdiepie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by europeanguy, Apr 16, 2015.

1. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    what do you guys think of him and where do you stand on how he is?

personally i think he is incredibly homophobic making remarks about how disgusted he is at gay shows of affection (lucius 2 lets play) but he's perfectly fine with straight shows of affection that are similar, i also stated on youtube that i was gay as on the video "boobs on the thumbnail" and got no reply, replies for everyone else but me... and i was first comment, then i think this is a fluke so i am first comment again on the next video and he ignores my question/statement and replys to everyone else, then on the next video, reasoning he just doesnt reply to first commenters, i comment but this time i am the third commenter, he replies to the first comment, second comment, skips me again, then fourth ect... sounds like hes avoiding me since i said it

but then on the side he does make loads of racist comments in swedish and seems to say alot to do with rape which isnt great. but i still love him as a youtuber hes very hilarious even though i know its kind of wrong to laugh sometimes

2. Foz

Foz Guest

Youtube doesn't actually show the comments in order, they give a preference to ones with comments and upvotes even if you choose to order by date. He frequently gets 100k+ comments, why on earth would you care if he doesn't reply? It is statistically almost impossible he will ever see your comment.

3. RainDreamer

Is this guy supposed to matter that much? I haven't seen any of his video, to be honest.

4. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    i didnt know this, so thanks for clarifying... haha i did feel offended but now i kind of understand although there was an entire page of comment with mine on about 3 down of all replied exept mine? how does that work? or does it only diplay my comment there because i am the one who posted that comment? also still wondering what you guys think of him

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 05:40 PM ----------

34 million subscribers to him last time i checked

5. Lyana

This LGBTQ person's opinion on PewDiePie is that he's so irritating I haven't been able to watch more than 5 consecutive seconds of any of his vids. Homophobia is not what I dislike most about him.
    I have a friend -- a clever, very feminist friend -- who watches his videos and thinks he's hilarious. Frankly, it's beyond me how anyone could find him amusing. The number of subscribers he has baffles me.

6. bchamp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I cannot stand him. Not for any reason in specific, just find him annoying to be honest.

7. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Simple, I think nothing of him, except that his thumbnails are pretty amusing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. fragileflame

I have honestly never seen one of his videos, and I actually watch gaming videos. I have only seen his face and heard his voice once! and that was when he was a guest on Good Mythical Morning...and this gave me even more reasons not to watch his videos! Thanks!

9. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He can be annoying sometimes but nevertheless he can have his good moments where he's funny and makes my day.

10. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't find his videos really really good, but they are interesting and funny sometimes, enough to make me a subscriber of his channel.

However, if he is homophobic (links please?) i will immediatelly remove my nick from his channel.

11. candyjiru

I didn't know he was homophobic because I also can't get through his videos... he's like an irl Annoying Orange... glad I didn't struggle through them even more now lol

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of his videos are hilarious. His videos are full of sarcarsm, I wouldn't take it really personally, but I'm not saying he never says any really insulting stuff.

13. Jellal

I have no opinion on him except that I enjoy the things he appears in as a cameo very often.

14. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The LGBTQ perspective? So people's perspective.

15. Hizaki

A specific type of people's perspective...

16. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Pewdiepie is overrated and uninteresting, but then again, I'm not really into "let's play" videos in the first place. But from what I saw of his earlier videos, all I heard was a bunch unintelligible commentary and screaming. How he has been the #1 subscribed on YouTube for this long boggles the mind.

Never knew anything about him being homophobic, though.

17. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. The perspective of cats.

LGBTQ+ individuals are people, but not all people are LGBTQ+. 'LGBTQ+' and 'people' are not interchangeable. Pretending they are does us nothing good.

18. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's hard to imagine that he's actually homophobic. Sweden is probably the most LGBT accepting country in the world. However, I don't think his statements (if you can provide any specific ones) should immediately be regarded as homophobic.

LGBT remarks aside, my opinion on him is that he is annoying and I simply don't like his videos. His videos seem too childish and quite boring. I'm honestly appalled that millions of people would subscribe to someone who posts videos of him making commentary on games. What do people find so entertaining about that???

19. Justinian20

I watch him and don't mind him but I enjoy other youtubers more cause Pewds has not the best videos. Robbaz has better videos and I confess Robbaz has a hot manly deep voice.

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was an occasional watcher of Pewdiepie. I don't care for him anymore though, not related to him as a gamer though. I prefer gamers/reviewers like PeanutButterGamer and UberHaxorNova these days.