1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer camps

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bi and emo, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Bi and emo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So in like a couple of days I am going to a theater camp !! And at the end of the camp there's a performance . I am nevours about messing up. Any thing to do that would help me get rid of the jitters

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bi and emo.....Theatre is one of the things that helped me survive many years of hiding my sexuality. When I was on stage, I wasn't me...I was someone else. Someone who wasn't afraid of being found out, someone who could be as goofy or as serious as needed without any embarrassment...because it wasn't me. So think of it like that...it's not really you up there on the stage. You don't have to be nervous, because if it doesn't go well...it's wasn't you in the first place...it was someone else who messed up! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Maria Jose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I get what you mean. I love theatre ever since I was little. I always had Liesl from the sound of music - the movie. You just gotta be in the moment. You sre acting some else’s life. And so what if you make a mistake. You learn from it. Just make sure not to repeat things cos you’ve messed up keep going.

One thing that I am worried about - that has happened to a friend which frightens me - is are you going alone or with a friend to that camp. And let’s say you make friends and you are intrested in someone from your same sex. Like do you ask them their sexuality or what? And how tf do you do it? Do you go up to them be like you into girls or boys.

My gay bestfriend like this boy at camp and he was straight and he thought the guy was gay so he tried make a move and it backfired.