1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with my sexuality.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by geminigirl1998, Jun 24, 2021.

1. geminigirl1998

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello all. I am a 23 year old black female. I’be recently relocated and I am now living miles away from most of my family and on my own. With that, I have found a new sense of freedom. Before moving away, I habitually would have sexual situationships with men. And I longed for a relationship but never had one. And I also recall when I was in junior high for about a year I identified as bisexual but my family wasn’t too accepting and I faced many consequences. Since then I’ve graduated college and become way more aware and educated on different things. I’m not afraid to speak my mind but I am afraid of being judged for certain things.

With all of that, since I’ve relocated I have also begun a romantic relationship with a man. This is my first real relationship. I love him a lot, we do so much together. But I’m starting to feel like I want to try dating women. I don’t want to disappoint anyway or break my boyfriends heart. But I want to explore my sexuality and possibly see if those feelings I felt years ago in junior high, have manifested into adult feelings and is my actual sexuality. I need advice because I don’t know what to do and don’t want raise suspicions.