1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speech problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jayden, Apr 13, 2007.

1. chrisg

Hey, I'm in college and I've stuttered my whole life. It's really difficult sometimes--especially when I want to say something and can't say it very easily--but I'm going to stutter for the rest of my life, so the best thing to do is to move on.

As for the kids making fun of you, screw them. If they make fun of you, come right back with something snappy. Or, just let them know that you don't appreciate their making fun of you. If they make fun of you in a school setting (e.g., the classroom), telling a teacher never hurts.

Whoever has said that you should write about your feelings is absolutely correct. Not only will keeping a journal help you to vent a bit, but it will improve your writing. Nifty.

Stay strong!

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Maybe you could use the blog thing here at EC for that?

3. chrisg

There we go; how easy is that? Of course, if you want a private journal, you can't go wrong with a good ol' composition notebook.

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey Jayden

I know this thread seems to have stopped but as I'm new to EC I've been looking around and reading a few older "posts" including a few written by you.

My 16-year-old nephew is only 1.67m or 5' 5" and is always moaning about how short he is. I'm allways telling him it's who you are that matters not how tall you are, etc. I'll tell you the same thing. From what I've read in your posts you come across as a very leve-headed person and you display a greater maturity than your age suggests. As you become more confident in life your stutter may go on its own - just don't rise to the torments.

Kids in your school are probably jealous of you as in a funny sort of way you're noticeable. Make the most of it - you don't want to be Mr Ordinary - too many of those around!! You are unique, so make the most of it.

Keep on with school - it WILL be worth it eventually. Lastly, a couple of sayings for you - the best things in life come in small packages - and - it's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it!!

Hope this helps and if you want to chat further, PM me.

5. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks Bromptonrocks for your reply. im the shortest kid in my year at school.im in 11th grade and im 4feet 10inches but think i am 4feet 11inches maybe now so i have grown a bit. i feel much better now also becuase i have a boy friend peter . he comes on to EC also he is pete92. he catches my bus to school but is in 9th year and just turned 15. im 16years 8months but look 11-12yo:icon_redf . but paul uk on EC thinks that my new photo he said i look 16 now. i will message you if you like thanks jayden

6. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Jayden,
    You really shouldn't be so embarrassed about your speech. Not only do I love Australian accents but I think a stutter is so cute. As far as the height thing goes, I know exactly how you feel. I'm 5' 3" and 18 years old, which means I'm not going to grow anymore. All my life I've been the shortest kid in school. When I was in middle school people told me I looked like I belonged in elemetary school. When I was in high school they said I looked like I was in middle school. Everyone says I look young for my age and the fact that I'm skinny only makes it worse. I'm also the shortest boy in my family. My 13 year old cousin is about 6 inches taller than me. But I never let myself feel inferior to other people just because I'm short, and you shouldn't either. No matter how tall or how short, everyone is equal.(&&&)

7. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks sblvd06 for your reply also. i think that i have grown a inch or so in the last few months. im trying at school but will have to repeat 11th year next year but want to get a good pass mark so i can get a good job.
    i try to speak slower and i dont seem to stutter as much. peter my friend said he thinks that my speech is better also. so i think i am improving maybe over the last couple of months. when i got hit by the car in may this year things were bad for a while but since me and peter have been close friends things are much better.:thumbsup: