1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving legs :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pret Allez, Jun 19, 2015.

1. SoshySheri

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, I just gave up on shaving,I feel pretty with and without hair, but the worse thing ever was those veet creams they burnt me and left hair, any who if you have alot of hair you could trim with scissors first before shaving, invest in a razor ment to shave legs I liked venus and shaving cream helped me keep my place easier and not burn myself, wet your legs before adding shaving cream, to help avoiding ingrown hairs find a body scrub or you can make you own or you can use a brush, when i did shave if I wanted smooth legs to the touch i shaved every three days, I'm a blondy so I could go weeks without anyone really noticing but when I was young a week felt like too long hope it helps, take your time maybe put on some music so you down feel rushed, new razors are sharper especially razors like Venus than men's razors, change razors every 1 to three months as using old ones can be bad for u, practice makes perfect ☺
    Don't forget to moisturize, if you have dark hair and the money you could try laser hair removal.

#21 SoshySheri, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooh, thanks to everyone for their advice! I'll try it. Love you sweeties! <3

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a large part of it is practice. When do feel like having smooth baby dolphin legs, I usually just do it in the shower, and it never takes me much more than ten minutes. The first time I did it, it took foreeeeever.

I think most of the difficulty comes from learning how to handle the razor in relation to your legs. There's so many weird bony parts and leg meat, and the fucking back of your knee-- its just a mess. But once you get a good feel for what you're doing, and how to correctly use the implement, then it's fairly standard.

I agree that the process tends to go faster with a decent razor. I use the schick quatro 3 (I'm pretty sure). It has a head which swivels up and down, which is fun, and helpful for aforementioned leg bits.

4. Really

TEN MINUTES?? You must have very little hair! I've only every waxed my legs so have no problem with any pain and I know when to do it so the hair comes out with the least resistance but even so... It will take a minimum of 30 minutes and closer to an hour if you're just starting out.

And 30 days is optimistic. You could get 2 weeks before hairs begin to grow again. If you have an epilator, you could keep on top of things for about 5-10 minutes a day if you don't want to let the hair grow in and do a full wax.

I would suggest getting it done professionally the first time. (Maybe check the Yelp in your area. If your embarrassed to go in, you could always say its for cycling or swimming.)

If you want to do it yourself, here are a few tips to minimize the pain

1) wash your legs in cooler warm water and pat them dry
    2) dust them with a bit of talc powder (minimizes skin pulling)
    3) trim the hair if it's longer than 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch
    4) for the first few times, only spread down small strips of the wax - you can graduate to larger areas once you get used to it
    5) hold the skin below the wax taut, take a deep breath and pull the wax toward your face FAST (be careful not to punch yourself in the nose), exhale
    6) after each "pull", place the flat of your palm down on the area for a bit - it will calm down the pain

5. Posthuman666

I feel like I really need to shave to feel more feminine, but theres sooo much hair....

6. Lazuri

I'd love to, but it's super expensive. You got to realize that most MtF transgenders don't just have hair on their legs beneath the knees but all the way up, possibly on the chest/ stomach and almost definitely on their arms. It takes a lot of dosh to get all that professionally done.

7. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

It takes me maybe 2 mins tops to shave my legs once a week, well twice a week in summer if I'm wearing shorts ( I'm hairy by nature). I use a cheap plastic Bic razor. Lather with soap or you'll draw blood. I also use a Bic to get rid of the odd chin or whisker hair and underarm hair too of course. I honestly can't remember the last time I nicked myself.

When I was young I used Neet and sometimes an electric razor.

#27 Open Arms, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya, Sister Lazuri speaks a lot of truth. I have hair almost everywhere :frowning2: My priority was for pride I wanted to look at good as possible, but I also didn't have a lot of time to shave. I opted for legs and my face, but there's still arms. Stomach and chest hair, *sigh* but I mean, I'm not taking my shirt off at Pride, because I wanted to be appropriate, since that's my responsibility at Pride. There's a lot of work, and honestly I have not idea how much all that waxing would cost...

9. Really

Yeah, sorry. I guess because someone mentioned legs, that just stuck in my head.

I wonder if you could electric shave parts like your arms and torso and then bleach them? Although, that's probably a messy endeavour but at least that hair doesn't grow as much as leg hair, does it? And bleaching tends to soften the hair, too.

(I'm talking the cream bleach that you get in the beauty aisle of drugstores/pharmacies. Not head hair bleach.)

10. Ninnie

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey I think I'm a touch late but have you heard of Nair? It's this cream you put on, wait a few minutes then use a wet cloth to wipe the hair away. It gives you the look and feel of a nice shave without the shaving. Nair has types for body, legs, face and groin but you have to be careful with it. Some people are allergic and such.

11. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Female here with a bit of help - use the technique tattooists use, pushing the razor up and down rather than in one direction. This gives the skin a good coating of the stuff in the foam pad. They do it for quickness but it works for uneven skin or similar.

12. v3ronica93

Out Status:
    A few people
    Use razors with at least 3 blades. I actually use "mens" razors, for a closer shave and less razor burn. (I use the BIC Comfort 3 Advance Disposable Razors) Also, using cheap conditioner on the parts you want to shave helps your razor glide. I also take my time.