1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Cuts Gay Student Photo from Yearbook

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hehe

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

To be fair though, a lot of stereotypes are based in truth. Yes, not everyone is like that just like not all gay guys are effeminate and not all lesbians are masculine; but quite a bit of southerners have to be like that or the stereotypes wouldn't exist in the first place. And also to be perfectly fair, the South has made a bad name for itself since, well, most of the country's history.

No, Constance also lives in Mississippi.

#22 Phoenix, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
  3. MusicIsLife

Aughhh. It makes me SO thankful that I live in Canada, I went to prom with a girl (as friends though) and in a tux, I had never heard of clearing it with principals or any of this til I joined here. It's a really sad state of affairs that these kids have to deal with all this bull from these closed-minded school officials. I really, really hope these school officials get their asses kicked in court.

4. Emberstone

It is hard to stop with the southern stereotype when they willingly conform to them. Now, there would be a issue if, for example, a poster said that all southerners are inbred and had missing toes and webbed feet, because thats no true, and irrelevant... but they are confirming and conforming to the 'intolerence of others' quite alot these days. Not stereotyping... merely showing the general additude that is coming out from too many schools in the south.

5. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just to clear things up, both Constance and Ceara live in Mississippi. Sounds like a lovely place, doesn't it?