1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Remember when homosexuals were halfway likeable people?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by KandyKrush, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Tim

Tim

My response to this?

No, I don't remember when we were halfway likeable. I remember us always being 100% likeable.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember when straight cis men could be openly homophobic without those awful homos trying to make them feel bad about it?

3. TTSP

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'd say this guy is just deep in denial... He seems to hate women and his whole blog is devoted to the fact that the he doesn't like the women around him and he definitely hates gays... It's not that hard to get a woman... If you are actually attracted to them and dont spend all your time making excuses as to why you dont like the women around you!

#43 TTSP, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  4. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ah, the good old days. When middle class white men had all of the power instead of just most of it.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember, it's discrimination and a fresh start of a new holocaust to remove the power from the white, upper and middle-class men.

6. planets

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That website is so gross.

7. LILuke

What has happened to our God-fearing society?

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We stopped believing in the old fairy-tales and started thinking for ourselves. Even Christian churches are showing their support to the LGBT communities. Looks like the conservative days are numbered.

9. Bright Eyes

"Logic"
    Facepalm.
    I just... I just can't with this.
    I feel like I just had an intellectual root canal.

10. Minamimoto_Fan

Remember when I had faith in the human race? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

11. Dumb things like this are actually kind of... funny. Oh, how much more we know than people like him! ^U^

12. LILuke

We were being sarcastic. :wink:

13. CloudyEver

What really upsets me is that he expects us to not put up a united front.
    "There will be some gays reading this who will say they are not like this and sure, not all of them are. If you're not, good for you. No need to email me and tell me."​
    Does he expect any group to not be involved when it addresses them? If I wasn't part of any of the recent shootings, should I not think about the people who were involved or get involved myself? Should I just leave it to people who are involved?
    In such a case as this where a group's civil rights are concerned, who in their right mind that is directly related to the group would stand back when someone who isn't fighting for their own rights is getting involved? That's what i want to know, how he can expect moderates like myself to just stand back and let others take fire. I don't bash straight people; I don't like seeing PDA, but that applies to all couples, gay or straight.
    And the generalizing labels irritate me to an infinite extent. There is now way to generalize an international population; it can't be done, as there are too many influences that can alter a perception of this sort. It's intolerable, the amount of narrow-mindedness this individual is showing. I'm a private person; if you keep out of my business, I'll keep out of yours. Simple, and it requires very little effort on your part. I understand if you feel the need to defend your beliefs, but this is the future of a fair amount of people's happiness at stake. Is it so hard to let them be happy? Then they would have no reason to flaunt it.
    I think of the current war on drugs, and although I hesitate to make this analogy, perhaps its widespread base will enable a vast majority of people to understand it. One of the main reasons that drugs are so popular - besides the addiction - is that they're a crime, frowned upon, and man thrives on getting away with things. In a sense, the SSM fight seems similar. If keeping to the shadows isn't working in our favor, then we're going to bring it to light where everyone can see it and they can;t ignore it anymore.
    Hope I haven;t gone in circles or undermined my argument, haha. Don't wanna review and edit this thing.