Organ donors?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Salazar, Nov 11, 2012.

?

Organ donor?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. sguyc

Uh ok. I am just trying to understand your arbitrary decision. I generally like to make decisions based on a little reason, so I guess I don't get where you are coming from. Can I ask you this? If you were to get into a car accident tommorow and needed a lung transplant, would you have an qualms with taking someones lungs form the organ donor list? If not then you are a huge hypocrite.

2. Fruitylicious

If that were to occur, which would be very unfortunate, I would not. I do not think that makes me a hypocrite either, the person I would receive the lung from made a decision to give it to someone, just like I made a decision to keep mine. I don't see how it's hypocritical whatsoever.

I don't really have a logical reason if you want to know the truth, my only logic is that I don't want my body dissected.

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would you stop with the namecalling? :confused:

People who don't donate, including me, don't have an issue with the concept of donating itself, and they'd be extremely grateful for anyone who'd save them by being willing to donate. They just don't want to donate themselves.

So because him and I don't donate we're less entitled than you to get donor organs from other people? Is that what you're saying?

4. sguyc

It IS wrong to not give away your organs. So yes what you are doing is wrong, plain and simple. I don't care if I seem childish, this is an important issue and it pisses me off to see so much ignorance. You are deliberately deciding "I don't want to help my fellow humans even though doing so does not cost me anything, because I am fucking dead already". Why can't I call you selfish? This action is the definition of selfish...

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2012 at 10:48 PM ----------

You realize your body gets dissected anyway when an accident occurs, due to the autopsy, correct? They cut you open and look inside and tag everything like a frog in a science lab.

---------- Post added 11th Nov 2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

Yea, I would be fine with a law that says people who refuse to donate organs are not eligible for organ donations themselves, if only there were a way to differentiate the people who are not donors due to laziness/ignorance of the registration process and the people who don't donate because they feel "attached" to their organs, even after death.

5. Fruitylicious

OK, let me ask you this, why is it wrong? Because you are saying it is wrong of us to choose not to give away an organ, that's like saying it's wrong to be Gay or it's wrong to have surgery to become another gender.

It is not wrong in the slightest, you remind me of close minded individuals who cannot accept the fact that people can make choices and think for themselves without being wrong.

What is wrong here is that you are harassing those who do not conform to your beliefs and thus call us names and try to make us see your way and follow your beliefs.

We are not wrong, it is you who is in the wrong here.

If you believe it is OK to call names depending on how one acts then let me say this: You are being a close minded, bigoted prick who needs to keep their mouth shut and stop insulting others because they don't believe the same as you!

#65 Fruitylicious, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So everything I do in life doesn't matter? Anything I do for other people, and I like to believe I'm a good person who helps other whenever possible, it all doesn't matter.
    I can just die.

This is just.. I don't have words for this.

I'll just very smartly back out of this conversation right now.

#66 justinf, Nov 11, 2012
  7. Fruitylicious

Oh, I am fine with them cutting me open and doing an autopsy, my organs are still there:slight_smile:

As for a law, really? :eusa_doh:

8. Ridiculous

No reason to not donate that doesn't fall under selfishness or superstition. It's a bit like saying "When I die all the money in my bank account must be permanently taken out of the economy. No inheritance allowed." Everyone loses.

9. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think either finding it a creepy idea or superstition.

As for me, both apply.

10. sguyc

Eh, the names I have called have definitions. Look them up and then see if your approach to this subject fits those definitions. What am I in the wrong about? I am not harassing you, you can stop posting whenever you want buddy.

11. J Snow

I'm not but I want to change that.

12. Fruitylicious

Call it what you want, I am not donating unless a loved one needs it:slight_smile:

I like the money thing thoughXD Made me chuckle:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. sguyc

If all those people you helped offer you their organs, then thats great. I just don't think you should have priority for someone's organs when you yourself refuse to donate. If there was a law like this in effect, then everyone would donate and the world would be a better place because less death would occur, simple as that.

14. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Define superstition.

A large part of my reasoning involves faith. Faith I do not force upon anyone. Is this what you are referring too?

15. Ridiculous

Yes, that falls under superstition.

su·per·sti·tion
    noun /ˌso͞opərˈstiSHən/

superstitions, plural

1. Excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings
    - he dismissed the ghost stories as mere superstition

2. A widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event, or a practice based on such a belief

16. Fruitylicious

I have no intentions of leaving and you are harassing others by telling them that they are wrong for not believing the way you do and not doing the things you would do. You are in the wrong by telling others that they are wrong for not giving up their organs.

You believe what you want, if you want to say I am selfish, then believe that. I however will not change my mind and to anyone else that also put no or hasn't said anything, it's your choice, don't let people like the one here tell you it's wrong.

So that being said, I will continue to comment freely throughout this thread, so between know and then I hope you will have grown up by then and quit your "childish" ways and learn that everyone has a choice and it's not always wrong:slight_smile:

#76 Fruitylicious, Nov 11, 2012
  17. ArcaneVerse

Wow. Such arrogance and ignorance in this thread. It is neither right or wrong whatever your choice is on this matter, people should have complete control and say of their bodies and shouldn't be judged for the choices they make.

Those who do choose to donate organs should be recognized for making that selfless choice but those who choose not to donate should not be shamed for doing so. It is a very personal thing imo and there are many valid, cultural, spiritual and personal reasons for making that decision. It would be highly ignorant to disregard these reasons and label them selfish in such a negative light.

As for a law to not help those in need... I dont even know where to start on how wrong that is. Most people who do donate are aware that their organs will most likely go to a non donor, but they do it anyways because for them its not about keeping score or choosing who deserves it most its about doing what you can for who you can no matter what.

I personally would only donate to close friends and family, I would not want my organs donated when I die. I may change my mind in the future but atm that is where i stand on the issue, as for my reasons? for me its a spiritual thing, one that im not completely sure on the details but its enough that I want to be kept as whole as possible when I die.

Would I take an organ from a donor if I needed it? Honestly I have no idea. I would like to think I wouldn't, that i would pass it up for someone who could put it to better use but I dont know how I would respond in the moment if I had a choice.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Lets get back on topic here. This is not the thread to be debating whether or not people should donate their organs. State your opinion, respect the opinion of others, and move on.

This is the second and last warning before we have to take further action.

19. Aielar

I'm on the fence about it - I want to sign up, but if the family isn't on board with the idea then I probably wouldn't register for organ donation. If I went ahead and signed up anyway, then my family would probably protest/refuse to let my organs be harvested until it was too late for them to be viable. So I'm going to have a conversation with them about it and go from there :slight_smile:

20. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

In the end, I just feel everyone should do what they want with their own bodies.