1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening my relationship to close friends. Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChatNoir7, Sep 26, 2023.

1. ChatNoir7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone here have experience with having FWBs when you’re already in a relationship?

My partner and I have been chatting with another couple who are already in a mildly open relationship and are extremely good friends of ours. We’ve decided to experiment with some things and open our relationship up a bit to the two of them.

I trust all three with my life and I have full confidence that this won’t crash & burn, but understandably I’m still a bit anxious. Does anyone here have experience with polyamory in general and could share their experiences and/or advice?

2. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh boy, where to go with this one.

Being as brief as possible, I'm 24F, met my boyfriend when I was 18 after 2 years of exclusively seeing women, but had previous boyfriends as a teenager. I wasn't looking for a guy but we clicked. We didn't get together in the traditional way, I met him just as I was moving away to university and so didn't see a lot of each other but we kept in touch and made time for each other every now and then, and we went on holiday together quite a few times. We weren't exclusive and we didn't refer to each other as boyfriend & girlfriend, but I don't know if he saw any other women in those first few years, I suspect not. That went on for 3 years and then for the last 3 years, we've been more like a traditional couple. We don't live together yet but will be soon. He's known since day one that I'm bisexual and was always cool about it, in the typical male way that the thought of two girls getting it on is hot Sometimes I found it a turn on for us to talk about it and it definitelt was for him, but sometimes I just found it annoying that he didn't take it all that seriously. I had quite a few female FWBs at university and he knows a lot about that. After I moved back closer to home and to him, there were others but I kept it more to myself and he kinda stopped asking. I would occasionally say things like "I'm going out with a girlfriend tonight so I'll see you tomorrow" and he'd raise an eyebrow or wink at me but it wasn't something we really discussed until lately. He knows now how strong my desires are and essentially, he's cool with it, but I'm not sure if I'm cool with it still.

We have talked about threesomes a lot over the years, its a bit of a fantasy of mine. He has basically said what you'd expect any red-blooded man to say. We've never done it but when I move in with him and don't have my own place anymore, it might be something that I focus a bit more time on. I've heard its not so easy to find a woman who will get involved with a male/female couple. I'm not interested in other men so the idea of involving another couple is a no-no and I don't think he'd be into that either.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

#2 JT1999, Sep 26, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    ChatNoir7 likes this.
  3. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I forgot to ask, are you & your partner a male/female pair and the same with the other couple?

4. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, did you get anywhere with this?