1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Philbrum1815, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Philbrum1815

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone. I don't know what to do.

I'm just coming back from my mates. I've stopped over the night.

Waking up was awful this morning. He is one of the only people I see these days and since finishing my care duties for my late parents I've not been many people, as most have moved on with their life recently.

Anyway I woke up this morning and all he can talk about is is going to brothel (as in a straight brothel and I'm still in the closet and going to the pub to speak to some fanny.

I couldn't wait to get out of there and make excuses about not feeling well so I can home. He's mentioned us going to a brothel a few times and there's going to come a point where I'm gonna have to be honest with him. Either that or go to one with him and pretend to sleep with someone which I'm not willing to do

If I tell him the truth we will fall out. Now I feel isolated. I don't know what to do

2. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's a binary choice like that. Just tell him you're not into banging some random prostitute. He doesn't need you there for that anyways. You're looking for something more substantial and romantic if I'm not mistaken. The situation doesn't call for you to be forced out of the closet like that by any means. If you go and lie about sleeping with someone, then you'll just be further down the rabbit hole. I get he is your friend and all, but you got to put your foot down. He may not like it but he'll have to respect you regardless. He can screw women the way he wants to I guess and leave you to your own business.

3. Philbrum1815

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No you're right. Don't get me wrong I'm gay and effeminate as they come. But I wouldn't pay even the sexiest guy on earth to bang me even if I won the lottery and money was of no object.

It's not just the brothel thing. Its him going on about going to pubs and pulling birds as well. If I had loads of friends to fall back on it wouldn't be so bad.

The truth will out in the end though. Cus don't know how much longer I will go without meeting anyone. Its a nice day today and there's alot of people out wearing shorts. It's driving me mad lol. I'll let your imagination do the rest.

I think it's time that I'll have to take a risk and look at various social things on the LGBT website. At some point I have to take a risk

Chillton likes this.
  4. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had friends like that in the past. Once everyone hit drinking age, all they wanted to do was party, drink, and get lucky. That is totally not my scene. Unfortunately, that excluded me from many of the social gatherings but not completely. We came to respect that we both had different arenas in life. Whenever I feel isolated and lonely I apply it to loving myself. Sure it's not as great sharing platonic love with someone else but it's a close second.

Taking risks is necessary from time to time. However throwing caution to the winds is not the answer. Prepare and think on your feet so you can take calculated risks. Even if some of the LGBT social events don't work out as you hope, they still can offer exposure to the community, social networking with people outside the group, and picking up tips and answers here and there.

5. Philbrum1815

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I should be ok. It's only a meeting for gay people with mental health problems. And I've been through the mill with dealing with my late parents death recently, as I lost them both within 9 months of each other. So I'll also be able to get that off my chest

Chillton likes this.