1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Coming Out Day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Emberblaze, Oct 7, 2012.

1. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep I knew it was National Coming Out Day
    but I plan to remain closeted...

2. needshelp

well, come out when you're ready. your day will come.

3. darlig ulv

Ugh. I pledged to come out to at least one friend today, so I texted to start a conversation and no one wrote back. I had the whole thing planned out. I was going to have a conversation and at some point be all like "do you know what today is? Nocd" and try and get them to ask. Damn! the past few weeks I've been acting gayer just to try and get someone to ask. :bang:

4. Fiddledeedee

Responses on Facebook have been good so far, though I wish more people would say something. Yayy!

5. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I took advantage of National Coming Out Day on facebook and everything is positive :grin:
    Like even my family supports me. My mom and dad wish I told them first but I was too scared. I took a chance and now my facebook says interested in Men and Women which is a big step for me.
    I'm really happy about that and soon everyone will know since in small towns, everything goes around pretty fast.

6. Cloudbreaker

Now you just have to ask, "Do you know what Thursday was?" Nocd is a great source of encouragement for coming out of the closet, but there is absolutely no reason you can't come out today instead. Or tomorrow. Or whenever you happen to feel like it. And when you do, I wish you the best of luck.

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to a couple people on Ncod but it was more based on necessity than anything. I was like... whatever I'm not going to pretend in front of people who already know just because 1 new person is here. I'm starting to not care if random people know. I'm just sick of pretending. But in the past 2 weeks I came out to 2 roommates, 2 coworkers, and 1 other person.

8. Lewis

I wanna hear some responses from those that came out on facebook - god I'm nosy. :grin:

9. Jared

I got a few likes on my Facebook post, but that's it :frowning2: Most of the people I let it show up to probably really don't care, but nothing negative :slight_smile:

10. Retrospect

I just changed my 'interested in' and said happy coming out day. I don't think anyone really noticed. Or if they did, they didn't tell me haha.

11. Lewis

Really happy for all those that took the opportunity to come out on Thursday. Wish I had the bottle...

I guess I did tell a friend last Saturday though.

Maybe next year...

12. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I'm already out. A few people I know surprised the hell out of me.

One girl who I knew as bi came out again as lesbian and announced that she and a friend of ours--who we all thought was a straight ally--are currently dating. Whhaa!?! Then another girl who we all always thought of as our straight ally came out as bi, which actually pleases me because I kinda liked her for a little bit one time and made myself unlike her because I was like "no way am I getting hung up on some straight piece of ass, I refuse to be creepy obsessed lesbian chick." :lol:

And a coworker came out as bisexual on Facebook.

Double Whhaaa?!? that was good. Very cool day, I love it.

13. Cloudbreaker

I wrote "Happy National Coming Out Day, everyone!" on my wall. Two people who already knew Liked the post, and two extended family members who probably didn't know also Liked it. So I'm pretty sure the news will start to spread now, if it hasn't already. Oh, and right after I posted my message, an old classmate of mine responded with "wait.. does this mean..." I went back to respond to the comment later when I thought of something clever to say, but his comment had been deleted, so I think he answered his own question. So far I haven't had any negative reactions and have the same number of facebook friends today as I did yesterday, so woohoo!

14. vyvance

I came out to everyone I know on the internet, and a few of my friends in person. Still haven't told any family... but progress at least.

15. qboy

So yesterday, Friday, was NCOD here in the UK (not sure why it's a day later than the rest of the world) and I decided if anyone asks I would tell - but no one did..... however drinking games are interesting... managed to find out all my friends I was with yesterday (about 50:50 male:female) have kissed guys, although one of the guys girlfriends didn't know he had which kinda distracted it all a bit (especially as she always seams a bit paranoid as everyone, herself including, thinks he's bi and he only ever gets chatted up by guys).... (baring in mind these are all mates that don't have a clue what my sexuality is, they keep asking and I don't answer)....

So another tiny step forward but no real change, can't figure out why those two words are so hard to say (although what I did notice yesterday was that it was also the anniversary of the murder of Matthew Shepard - which was one of the biggest news stories over the very weeks I started to realise it was attracted to guys, I guess being called Queer and Poof for the five years prior to that and then that being about the only thing I knew about "gay people" as I realised I was one myself don't help)

16. 1ConfusedGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my 'Interested In' on Facebook set to Men for a few months now, but when I got hom Thursday evening and saw it was National Coming Out Day, I decided it was time to fully come out, and I made a post on my wall about it. 42 likes, 75 comments, and an overall great response. I feel so much better now. Had no idea I would have that many people be okay with it. A lot of the people who liked it surprised me, because some of them I thought wouldn't be so approving.