1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My understanding of the definitions: Bi VS Pan

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lemony, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bisexual:

Attraction to 2 or more genders: can include non binary people also. You can have a preference or not. Bisexuality always includes trans people. Excluding them is transphobic. If I date a woman, she is a woman even if not cis. (This is debunking the myth that bisexuality is transphobic and Pan is the one that includes them)

Pansexual:

Attraction to people regardless of gender/ all genders. You fall for someone and you dont really care what gender you just fall for someone. The gender kinda never crosses your mind. (This does not mean bisexuality is transphobic or bi people are judgmental or see gender first. It is simply a detailed definition of the way people feel and people can have feel the same way but identify otherwise such as bisexual, you can only label yourself and what feels right to you)

Someone can also use the label bi if attraction regardless of gender as that can also mean 2 or more and they may feel more comfortable with that label.

Bi and pan are too different sexualities and some people like to use both as their label and that is valid. Again you can only label yourself. No one tells you how you identify but yourself.

I am bisexual and mine is fluid I like men and women but it can fluctuate and go up and down but at the end of the day I like more than one gender. No matter who I date I’m bisexual.

Note: Bi is also an umbrella term for multiple gender attraction labels. So you might see terms like bi+

LEM

quebec, BiGemini87 and QuietPeace like this.
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Those definitions look pretty good to me. I have avoided saying what you have because I always get jumped any time that I even mention transphobia.

quebec, BiGemini87 and Lemony like this.
  3. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you QuietPeace.:blush::heart:
    I have learnt a lot from EC, my own feelings and from fellow lgbtqia+ friends and I also felt like for me that felt like the right one and thought it would help others on here.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lemony.....Well done...very well done! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Lemony likes this.