1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My teenage son is gay

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by CountessAbby, Feb 27, 2013.

1. lilac725

First of all, awesome mom! It would be easier for people to come out of the closet if they had the support system you and your children are offering your son. Letting your son wait till his ready sounds like the right choice. I don't think there's ever a "right" time to share something so deep and personal. There's always going to be a chance your husband will find out from someone else but the situation isn't black and white. When your son is ready he'll tell his dad it will be much easier on him and the spilling the beans now.

I don't know how much my opinion on this matter counts seeing I'm not sure if I even have a "closet" to come out of but I wouldn't want to be rushed into telling my parents EVEN though they are like the most supportive people and have nothing against LGBT community. I guess it's always going to be scary.

Keep supporting your son and you'll family will make it through this little bump in the road.

2. CountessAbby

Thanks Lilac! Really helps to get other opinions when its a whole new road you are going down!!