1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Out - NEED HELP/URGENT

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by warrior452, Jun 9, 2017.

1. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys!

So, crap finally hit the fan for me. About a week or two ago, my dad finally stopped beating around the bush and told me that if I didn't manage my finances the way they wanted and take the next steps they wanted, he would kick me out.

So, that started the ball rolling, and I've been walking a tight rope there ever since. I have made a lot of stupid and wasteful choices financially, and I know that. I understand anger and frustration on their part.

Part 2, I basically almost came out to my mom - she caught me wearing concealer and bronzer and FREAKED. She told me I was ruining my family and tearing them apart (they had previously asked that I not wear makeup) She compared us to her own blended family that hates each other, and said we were heading for that and it's all my fault due to my "life choices." She said that I either needed to get my head out of the sand and figure out that it's not all about me and whatever I decide to "experiment with", or I need to get out. She told me that if things dont change, there will come a day soon that I'm not welcome in their home. She then said she was so disgusted that she couldn't even look at me and left the room. The next day, she came to me, and was like, "I need a definite answer" even though she won't ask me directly if I'm queer. She was really angry, and she reiterated that I need to change or leave. I was able to change the subject eventually, and she calmed down gradually. Still, she is adamant that I'm not gay

I know she's going through my stuff, because she admitted to throwing away an issue of Vogue that was in my room because she thought it was inappropriate. Today, she threatened to take my Debit card (which she technically can't, as I'm an adult - which won't stop her).

Soooo...they have threatened that when the day comes that they've had enough, they aren't going to tell me. I'll just come home from work, and my stuff will be in trash bags in the yard. Things are rough, and even if things don't end that dramatically, I think they might end soon. As said before, I have not been the smartest with my finances, and I do not have a backup plan. I NEED HELP.

I'm holding on to my Debit card. I'm cleaning my room this afternoon, and I'm going to subtly put everything together without actually packing anything.I will lock away anything that I don't want them going through away. I'm going to give anything that's even stereotypically gay or LGBT+ to my best friend.

I don't have a lot of money this week, as I just paid my student loans for the start of the month. My best friend's mom has volunteered to let me crash there for a couple of nights if I need to (she knows things have been rough) and then I'm thinking of getting a hotel room or an AirBnb or something for the rest of the week. I have two guys that I work with who have offered to let me move in with them, and they have another apartment lined up. I figure that way that gives them a few days to get things ready.

I am worried about my personal info stuff though. My mom has all my medical records, all of my insurance info besides my actual insurance card. I am on their car insurance as well. She has my birth certificate. I would like to think that she'll be cool about it and that it won't be an issue, but I'm worried.

Anyone who has ever been kicked out have any pointers? If I can just survive this coming week, I'll be fine (For context - something was said again tonight along the lines of "What do you think my next steps should be in dealing with you?" and so I'm afraid something will happen this weekend. Hopefully not.) Sorry, I know this is rambling, but it's 3 am. Sorry. Thanks in advance guys!

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If u get kicked out talk to ur loan provider they might b able to lower your rate. Idk for sure but ur being on their insurance is only cuz u live there so start googling and calling around for info on how to get ur own health and car insurance. Same for phone. See if you can like get more hours at work too. Never rly got kicked out but nearly did several times. Would rn instantly if mom knew I was gay. So I've had to think about it that's 4 sure.

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2017 at 05:26 AM ----------

Btw im not rly 27 that's cuz I put in a fake bday when I joined. Don't feel safe using my real one on internet ever. I am a 90's kid tho.

3. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should arrange to move out because your family relationship seems really strained. Talk with your parents, tell them that you're making the decision for yourself and that you're taking responsibility for your life. I think that would be the best way for you to gain your parents' respect, keep the peace, and avoid burning your bridges with them. I would advise against letting things deteriorate to the point where they kick you out. By making moving out YOUR choice, I think you will be able to get your mom to hand over your important documents. The best way is to be the most diplomatic possible with your parents so that everything can be sorted out calmly.
    For a lot of people, their relationship with their parents gets much better once they move out. This could be very positive for you!