1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed signals. I have no idea what to do.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheGreyMan, May 20, 2012.

1. Chou

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like me sort of. My guy and me did stuff but i get that feeling of just pure emptiness and always thinking about him. How to deal with it? Idk really since im not really over it. One thing i would suggest is try to get into someone else? I know thatd help me if i coul. Hope you feel better soon D': xxx

#141 Chou, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. TheGreyMan

The thing is, there just isn't anyone else. He's exactly my type and it kills me.

3. Spectre

He is not exactly your type. If he was, he'd be gay. He's straight.

It may not seem like it now, but there will be others. They might not be identical to him, but they will be like him. And gay. This website is filled with "adorable, attractive, handsome, caring, kind, witty, smart and wonderful" people, so they can't be that uncommon.

4. TheGreyMan

Unfortunately we're all spread across the world.

Can we make a town that's just emptyclosets? We'll all find love and everything will be rainbows in every sense of the word.

But I've stated before: there's no way to tell if he's really straight or not because of the pressures of society. The lack of closure in these situations is just so annoying.

5. TheGreyMan

I feel so awful right now and it's over one person.

I'm so erratic on facebook, posting dumb poems I write in notes and complaining about how I want school to start again. My mom tells me desperation isn't attractive in the slightest, but right now, I'm nothing but just sadness and nonsense.

I have no purpose. And I hate it.

6. stumble along

Is there anything that you like to do and actually care about a lot? Like sports or hobbies?
    Doing these things can help you get your mind off him.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, I know it first hand, as well as a lot of people. We didnt get lucky but seriuosly you have to start seeing him strictly as a really good friend, if he wants anything he knows where you stand a he'll make a move if he wants to, until then try to put your mind off him with other stuff, and cheer up.

And yes your mom is right dont go on facebbok and act desperate, posting poens is fine just dont excessively hint to wanting a mate. You can vent here or make a anonymous blog to vent on. Trust me lots of people feel this way

7. TheGreyMan

Weird. Past few days I've been like... sexually numb. Don't really get aroused. I mean, I get... you know... but just sporadically.

Is this normal?

8. stumble along

it happens, nothing to worry about

9. TheGreyMan

Like I mean, you look at people which generally do that to you but there's nothing.

But if it's normal it's normal.

10. stumble along

maybe you're getting used to them?
    im not really sure but i know what you mean when i had my crush we never really met that often but when we did the first couple of times, well, yeah.

but now im ok, still get nervous but that stuff doesnt happen to me anymore.

11. TheGreyMan

Nah I don't mean him.

I mean I'm still totally attracted.

Like um... Nothing happens down there.

Evidently this correlates to stress, growth spurts and stuff.

I had to be in a car for over 12 hours the past few days, I'm undergoing a growth spurt and I attended a funeral the past few days as well.

That could probably screw with hormones...

And this goes for everyone and everything. Celebrities, etcetera.

#151 TheGreyMan, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  12. stumble along

yeah, going through stuff like that will put you off, i wasnt really sure what you were meaning so i just picked a hopefully relevent situation but it happens to me too.

usually lack of sleep or stress does it in.

13. TheGreyMan

Thanks for listening and responding to such weird questions by the way.

I've been kinda afraid I'm going to end up straight... Haha.

14. stumble along

no problem, if theres no place to ask weird questions people would go crazy, im just trying to help.

and? who cares if you end up straight? you might care but you should'nt, you fall in love with whoever the hell you want to fall in love with, no one has the right to tell you what you want to do with your feelings about people. so if you see a hot guy and go "yeah that's nice" and if you see a hot girl and go "hey that's nice too" then pick whoever you want and go for it. take it in stride, and you will find the right person one day, be it boy or girl.

15. TheGreyMan

Well I have just been for guys my entire life and my head is centered on a romantic relationship with a guy, too.

16. stumble along

that may be so and yeah thats cool. but if you for some reason think you might be straight don't sweat it, just keep focusing on dudes and you'll be fine, and if a girl happens by that you get attracted to then great thats cool too. if you like them you'll be fine.

what even made you bring this up anyway as far as i can tell you've been focused on this guy the whole time so far.

17. TheGreyMan

It's just because I've felt kinda numb lately is all.

18. Black Ink32

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well it sounds like he wants to be your friend. I would get to know him more, come out and then inquire about his sexuality. Besides there is such a thing as a "bromance" where he enjoys your company and hanging out with you, despite the whole situation feeling gay, but likes you in a purely platonic way. Best thing to do is to get to know him more.

19. TheGreyMan

Well I posted a status about 'hating days where everyone is gone' and he said that 'we need to hang out.'

At least he doesn't hate me, then.

20. stumble along

*sigh* I'm in the same boat as you are, waiting for then to contact and trying not to send so many messages
    people suck.
    But hey, at least your guy is actually busy, and he's at leasted said something to you in the past week