1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad mom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    so my mom read through my sisters text and found that I called her dumb and stupid (due to her being negligent and mean to my sister) and she got mad at the situation and was like “what did I do to deserve this”

She says I’m disrespectful but quickly degrades my sister for mistakes. I find myself thinking if I’m in the wrong but realize that my mom is crazy and stupid so of course I’m not in the wrong. Like who calls their children an idiot for not reminding them about a dentist appt?

Anyways I wanted to vent about this

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, you're talking about your mom and your sister, and then saying "she" and "her" without making it clear who is saying what.

I think you're saying that your mom read through your sister's texts, found ones from you calling your mom dumb and stupid.

It sounds like your mom isn't the best at avoiding insults, and at the same time, it sounds like you're saying some pretty judgmental things as well. So if you aren't OK with your mom degrading your sister... perhaps you should consider treating your mom the way you think is appropriate to treat someone, rather than simply giving her the same she gives to others. As Gandhi once said, "An eye for an eye, and pretty soon the whole world is blind."