1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking back on some past feelings

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skloorrpt, Oct 24, 2022.

1. skloorrpt

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of my friends told me that they are NB a while ago. I felt like I could relate with some of what they said. And after reading some more about other peoples experiences I've found some other stuff I feel like I can kind of understand. The main one was when I heard someone describe their AGAB as feeling restrictive. I've started to wonder if maybe I could be non-binary as well. Since then I've been looking back on some stuff and wondering if any of it could maybe have been an indication of this back then.
    I've never felt like the most stereotypical man, I don't really have much of an interest in a lot of traditionally "masculine" things. Sometimes when I am around other guys I feel like I don't fit in the best. I can try, but sometimes it feels a bit exaggerated. I know there is no rigid guidelines on what is manly or masculine, so maybe it's just toxic or traditional masculinity that I have a problem with. Sometimes I'm not entirely sure I understand what people mean when they say that they feel like a man. I guess that I say I do because I was AMAB and raised as a boy so I never really felt like I had any say in the matter. I think the problem I'm having is that I don't know where not being the most stereotypical man stops and being NB begins.
    In the past there have been times where I briefly wondered what it would like to be a woman or maybe if I could even be trans. I don't think this is a desire of mine, just kind of a curiosity. I don't really have a problem with my body in that way. That being said, If I could magically wake up as a woman one day, I'd try it as long as I could go back if I didn't like it. I always assumed most people would at least try if they could, but maybe that isn't something a cis person would think about.
    Part of me feels a little silly for even wondering about this since I hadn't really considered it before my friend told me they are non-binary. I guess I feel like if I actually was there would have been some stronger indications earlier on in my life.