1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance thing?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Broodyvamp, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So about a month ago I went on vacation to a different area of my country. I road tripped with a friend and we stayed with my family there. It was a great trip, I am actually considering moving back there since they have a job shortage in my field. So when my friend and I were there we decided to go on online dating and swipe through people just to see. Well I matched with this girl and we have been talking ever since. It used to be just on the app but we exchanged numbers and now we text back and forth pretty much every day.

My face just lights up and I get happy when I see that she has texted me. I have flirted a few times and she has responded fairly positively. We have been talking to each other non stop for about a month now and I am totally into this girl. This has literally never happened to me before! I am really not sure how to proceed, had we been living in the same place I would have totally asked her out by this point. I have actually told her this and she said it really sucks. I have had a history of getting way to attached to people I've met online then pretty much get destroyed by them every time. To be honest I am definitely developing feelings over texting which just seems a little crazy. I am really wondering what I should do about this.

I am thinking I will just steer the conversation to talking about what exactly we are doing with all the texting. I am curious about what you all think of this situation. Has anyone dealt with something like this before? I am really unsure how to proceed and a little worried that it is all just going to stop abruptly. This could potentially work out. The area she lives in is not that far away from me, all my extended family lives there and I go at least once a year to visit. Also is that just crazy that I might consider going there for a girl I haven't even met? I haven't ever considered a long distance thing but I am seriously considering something. Please help...

2. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long distance are we talking? Could you see each other every weekend? Probably a good idea to meet sooner rather than later as we can all dream up these fantasies in our head and get carried away and it might not be how you both expect when you actually meet or maybe that’s just me who thinks like that.

3. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No every weekend would not be a possibility, It takes a full day and a ferry ride to drive there. I am also in my last year of university so I dont have time to spare really either. I am super bad at dreaming up the fantasies in my head, thats why im in this mess lol.

I do really like messaging her and I dont want to stop but I feel there is a point where I need to draw a line and not get to carried away. Im just trying to weigh my options.

#3 Broodyvamp, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know people make long distance work but it sounds like it could be a while before you can actually meet, to see if you have something. Have you spoken on the phone? How about live chat where you can see each other?

5. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We are going to try and talk on the phone in the next few days. Hoping that it will go well, I am definitely a bit nervous to see how it goes. She is going on a trip soon so hopefully we can find a good time to chat before she leaves. We are still messaging multiple times a day, this is such a surreal experience I have never had before. Hopefully we talk as good as we message.