1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like brother, like sister

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rayland, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been suddenly thrown in front of a dilemma, what honestly is something I don't wish to take part of, since I have my own dilemmas and life to deal with.

My sister came to me and told me that his dating with this person online, or well the guy in question told me and my sister confirmed it. They need my help to go and have a proper date. The guy is Australian. He did show me his 'picture and is telling me about himself, but I'm very doubtful about it all and have honestly no idea how to act in this situation.

I shouldn't be surprised by being in a similar situation myself, but damn this has been eventful week for me.

I love my sister and wouldn't want for her to get hurt, but I also don't wish to be in the way of her happiness and it's really not me my sister needs to tell this, but our parents, what is a whole other ordeal and the guy don't know this much about her either, from what he told me.

My sister can be incredibly stubborn, same as my father.

2. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not sure I understand. Is your sister underage? What do you mean by proper date? Sorry, about my confusion. Perhaps I am also missing a cultural reason for her needing your help.

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry about not understanding. I have trouble crasping it too. My sister is not underage, but she is dependant on me. She can't really do stuff on her own.

This is how the guy worded it. A proper date, where I would help my sister with looking the best for the date and get them to meet up, what honestly was a red flag to me and I asked why not just start off by chatting while having a cup of coffee, especially, if you've never met before and the guy said that this is a better plan and that he hasn't been dating for very long, so he has forgotten how to do it.

Hope I managed to explain it better.

4. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm, whatever you do, be careful. If he hasn't been dating for awhile he shouldn't be so picky and he shouldn't be asking you like this. A cup of coffee in a public place is a great first date, especially if they have never met. Trust your instincts. This gets my overprotective instincts going and makes me wish I was there, just to sit in the background and be intimidating.

Rayland likes this.
  5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here. I'm also worried that there is going to be a huge drama because of it and I don't wish to be the one who has to patch it all up later. I'm very worried. I'm also the overprotective type, so are our parents.

Isbjorn likes this.