1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT events later at night?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Liz81, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Liz81

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I've found some events locally where to meet other lgbt people but they're like late at night like 8:30 or later! Am I the only one who doesn't like to go and meet people later at night? I even found an event when they do potlucks at 9pm!

#1 Liz81, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't blame you, that is a really late time to go out and meet people for something like that. I know some people are into that but I would be way too tired. lol.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a problem for me if I have to take public transport into town and keep an eye on the time in case I miss the last train home and have to fork out loads of money for a cab.

Also, at that time, most people just want to get drunk and dance. That's not the best time to get to know someone, because they aren't really going to be listening to me. They'll be getting bored of me because I'm trying to have the sort of conversation that's be more apropriate for an afternoon tea than a late night boozing session.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are definitely not the only one. I don't like going out at night, unless in very specific cases/events. I don't understand why most people seem crazy about going out at night even when they could do the same during the day.

5. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like night events. To me it's weirder to have daytime events. Like, I have stuff to do during the day, I can't come to a meeting at 2 pm when I have a class that ends at 2:30. I can always come to night stuff though because everything has been handled by then.

6. Liz81

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad I'm seeing others here who feel the same way! I'm from the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area and it is difficult to find something that isn't late at night or something that doesn't involve partying and drinking for hours. I'm not into bars or clubs at all. I like to have a laid back life and that's very difficult to have in this area while at the same time, meeting other lesbians in the area. I know there are gay-friendly places around (it's 2019, why shouldn't there be?) but the places are swamped by not just gay or lesbians but straight women as well! I don't want to hit on a straight woman lol. There are some things I like and it's hard to figure out where to go and also meet other lesbians at the same when they're out partying or drinking. I like libraries, cats, nature and some arts and crafts and stuff like that. There's a lot of interests I have but it's hard to know where to find places like this and at the same time, meet other lesbians. If there was a library, a certain class, art gallery, or a rescue group for cats that are for lesbians only, then this would be a piece of cake!

0to21 likes this.