General News Kindergarten sex ed in Chicago

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Fiddledeedee, Sep 9, 2013.

1. blueberrymuffin

But we all know this won't happen, especially with anything that might be useful to gay kids. I remember "the talk" was just showing me some video of doctors going into 5th grade classes and answering the kids' questions on puberty. One of the kids asked about homosexuality and then....the tape cut out, and continued afterwards.

Same reason there are so few GSAs in middle school, the time when help is needed most. The dumb shit parents actually think it might turn their kids gay. How you think i felt about it when i realized that question the kid asked applied to me? Obviously i felt ashamed and gave up hope of getting any support. That's what happens when something is labelled taboo. So yeah, i do think these things should be discussed. Bullying can begin at age 6-7 easily.

2. theskywreck

I guess it would be good for children to know what parts of them no adults should touch, but calling it sex ed is what makes people panic.

3. sguyc

Why werent you ready? What were you going to cry if someone told you where babies come from? These chicago kids are getting pregnant at age 12 and such, this is a good developement.