1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It does get better.. reconciling your faith with your sexuality.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Colombiana, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Colombiana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm Alicia. I'm eighteen years old from rural Ohio. I was brought up in a very strong traditional Christian family. I knew I liked girls from a very young age. I remember kissing my first girl crush at the age of four! I couldn't resist her.. She was too cute. I came out to my parents when I was sixteen.. almost two and a half years ago now. I thas been a long treacherous journey accepting who I am and reconciling my faith with God. Would I call myself Christian? I don't think so, ultimately because there's a stigma attached to that word. I cannot change who I am. I will not fight the natural feelings I have for females. I have a girlfriend (long-distance) of over seven months now. My struggles have nonetheless added some difficulty to our relationship.. but let me tell you now if you are reading this. There ARE affirming Christian Communities. The Bible was vastly a culturally conditioned document for it's time. Understand this and you will view it in a new light. Our understanding of homosexuality itself is vastly different than that of the biblical authors. Embrace a message of love. That's what Jesus taught.

I'll write what Jesus wrote about homosexuality..

Exactly.

I spoke with an affirming Reverand this past week. My mind is much clearer. Organized religion in my opinion has greatly damaged the LGBT community.. a new perspective is in order. Spirituality nonethless with a higher being is a beautiful thing..

God Bless. :slight_smile: Any thoughts?

2. Ianthe

Hi Alicia,

I'm glad you seem to be doing better with reconciling your sexuality and your faith.

I'm not really a religious person. But I'm sure there are others who would like to discuss this with you.