1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he trying to hint something?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TotallyConfused, Jul 18, 2013.

1. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently, I met up with a bunch of my friends just hanging out. One of my close friend (boy) also came along with us. We are just wandering around that day, then he just laid his hand on my shoulder when we r walking, then I started questioning if he is gay and hinting something, he never have rumors with girls and tends not to talk about girls relationship. It really bothers me as I don't really have a gay friend considering that I am only out to a few of my close friends, it would be great to have a friend that experience the same thing I do and relate to myself.

Just asking for some advice, should I drop hint about myself? Or is there something that I can do? Thx! :confused:

2. LilacRainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ou i got the same problem with some girls here. my at the time still to be roommate, now she is my roommate, put all those nicknames (like sweetie, pretty,...) in her texts which confused me majorly. but shes really open talking about sex and stuff, so at some point conversation just went to woman-on-woman and she said she couldnt imagine doing that, cause it doesnt turn her on when she thinks about it. So that was that.
    Maybe you could do it like that, just in general conversation, without saying sth about yourself. But you maybe have to think about whether you want him to know or not. I wouldnt put too much into the gesture though, even though i know its hard to keep an emotional distance there. maybe he'll do sth like that again, but if you look at it objectively its a normal, casual gesture....
    have another female friend who sometimes takes my hand or puts it on my leg. then i put an arm around her shoulder while walking recently. she let me do that for a while but then ducked out. another time we were in the bathroom together and i told her she has really nice eyes, cause she thinks they are boring. and there she wnated to get back to the others as quick as possible. gaaaaaaaaah, i really dont know what she wants, but she probably doesnt know it herself. she is that type of person. and she has a boyfriend right now, but isnt too happy with him...
    maybe your friend is unsure about what he is himself? or is starting to have his first gay crush on you :grin:
    another friend of mine (oh gawd, why do i know so many girls...) has a rather boyish look about her. meaning my gaydar is crap, but one could think shes gay when seeing her. and shes very secretive with her love life, so i dont know if shes in general into girls or boys...and it drives me crazy...
    i gotta talk to those two...questioning them about their relationships/love life in general. you could do that aswell, as you said that he doesnt talk about his relationships on his own accord. cause sometimes all it takes is a person that asks for them to spill. srsly, id wish more people would just ASK me....

3. TotallyConfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well even if he is gay, he will not have a crush on me, although I did..I am just not good enough for him, he looks great and everything. Still thx for the advice probably should try it out. :slight_smile:

4. RainbowMan

Don't think like that! I have a tendency to do that as well - see all my flaws, and not the positive things about myself. I'm sure that even if you're not the most physically attractive guy around (who is, really?) there are other parts about yourself that he likes if he is indeed gay.

There is much more to a person than physical appearance.

(and I really should take my own advice here, grrr) :grin: