1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay or just...different?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jon56, May 12, 2012.

1. Jon56

I sent him another message asking what his plans were for this coming weekend a couple days ago, it says that he has seen it, no response however.

I'm really kind of bummed about the whole situation... I'm pretty much a jumble of emotions when thinking about it >.<. He says he wants to hang out and do stuff, but he has a summer job, hardly ever responds to my messages...

I guess I should just wait...if he really wants to hang out then he needs to ask me. It should be clear to him that I obviously want to hang out, only having messaged him like 10 times in the past couple months.
    It totally sucks cause before summer it seemed so promising, but I've just been losing hope >.<. Sure if he messaged me to hang out I would absolutely jump on the chance, but starting to question the whole situation again =(

2. Jon56

Well I surprisingly got a message from him this morning (just saw it now though) and he says that his friend is finally leaving today and he thinks he will finally have time to hang out, and he will keep me updated with his schedule!

:slight_smile:

3. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've just read this entire thread because it's so interesting! I'm glad things are looking up and I hope it works out for you :slight_smile:

4. Will2M

... Well, has anything happened? this thread has obviously died. lets revive it and you can tell us if anything happened. you had a whole 2 months to plan one hike and go shopping since the last time you posted. You had to have done one of them by now

5. TheGreyMan

uh he might not even be around here anymore dude

people who have success generally leave though

6. knowayout

Out Status:
    A few people
    This reminds me of a story that a girlfriend once told me about. She gave this guy a ride (a total stranger no less) because she was going that way...He seemed nice, etc. After chatting, he told her of his foot fetish and asked if he could "play with her feet". She said OK! He then proceeded to fondle her feet AND here's the kicker...He took out a can of condensed milk, poured it on her feet and went to town. SHE LOVED IT!!! They didn't do anything else, but she said that it was wonderfully erotic. Needless to say, she and I had our times that involved the little piggies. All new to me at the time and a bit weird, but I did enjoy it. God I miss her!
    Anyway, I would say with some degree of accuracy, that this dude has a foot fetish, and at the least is curious. Don't worry bout anything, be a happy child and enjoy his friendship and weirdness! Let it progress naturally with all of the excitement and anticipation that such encounters present...they don't come often :slight_smile:

7. AlmostOut32

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would say he might be gay. I have a foot fetish ( and realize how weird it is. :x) and for me, and it could just be me, my fetish is part of my orientation. I'm only into guys feet because I'm gay so I would say he could've been testing the waters to see what you'd do/if you liked it.

8. Jon56

Alright! I've been so busy this past summer and school semester so I haven't been around. I didn't want to necro this thread up in case people had enough of it, but seeing as people were still interested in that past month or so I'm here to give an update.

We still haven't hung out.... I stopped trying for a few months cause it didn't seem like we were ever going to be able to hang out. I figured since it had been a few months since I messaged him I did so about a week ago and found out that; he recently moved away from home, has 21 units worth of classes, and has a job. So basically he has been super busy as well. I only messaged him asking how he was doing, and in his response he said we need to hang out soon.

As it stands, we are tentatively scheduled to hang out on Saturday, and he invited me to his birthday dinner on Friday night, but I don't know if he really wants me to go or invited me out of sympathy, so I am undecided.

Sorry again for the long wait, I just didn't want to update like once a week saying we hadn't talked at all :confused:

9. stumble along

That is true, but I was wondering what happened, sucks that nothing has but hey, go qndo find out

10. Emberblaze

Heh, I don't think it's weird at all, I think it's pretty cute (or maybe I'm just wierd too ^^)

But dude, you should toats come out to him! (toats= totally btw)

He seems like he'd be okay with it nonetheless and it don't seem like your friendship would be jeopardized either considering the fact that he seems to be a PRETTY open minded person

11. Jon56

So something finally happened last night!!! It was kind of a long night so this will be a little long so I don't leave out any good details.

Since he was going to move within the end of next month I insisted we finally hang out and informally celebrate his birthday that I missed the previous month. We met at a mall and we drove together in my car downtown. At first we planned on just having lunch at about 1:30, but ended up not doing that. So we get downtown and walk around for about 1-2 hours just talking and went to dinner at around 5. One thing we talked about that I thought was rather touching was that he was going to change his number and delete his Facebook when he moves since he feels like essentially everyone he has met in the past 2 years have been somewhat fake and only want stuff from him. Fortunately for me he said I'm only one of a few people who he will share his new number/Facebook with when he does it.

Anyways we finished eating dinner and he wanted to take me to a dessert shop that has his favorite desserts. We shared a slice of cake and it was a really nice place, pretty much everyone there was a couple and he noted how romantic the candles were (at this point nothing we've really done to each other was really an obvious come-on). I payed for the dessert as a belated gift. At this point it was about 7:20 so we walked back to my car so we didn't have to pay for anymore parking. We started driving and he told me he wanted to take me to his favorite place in San Diego (he said it is where he takes "special" people), so we drove across the Coronado Bridge onto the island, and he took me to this sort of hidden wall above the bay where we sat and looked at the buildings (I'm not sure if anyone knows what this looks like, but if you just google San Diego night, those pictures are taken where we were). It was pretty cold out so he gave me his scarf to wear, and he put his arm around my back and was rubbing it for awhile. We sat there for at least half an hour then went back to my car and just sort of relaxed in the reclined seats (this is where it gets good). I said that I wanted to take my shoes off and he jumped at the chance to take them off for me, so I let him (at this point he is on the ground with his feet coming across towards the drivers side with me in the driver's seat). Then for awhile it was basically a copy of what happened when we were studying, with the feet rubbing and touching his face and such. But then it escalated, and he playfully licked my toe to see if I was ticklish, then that led to more licking that was intentionally sexual in nature. At this point my other foot was in between his legs and I was rubbing his thigh with it. Then he started sucking my toes/more licking/kissing, and my other foot moved higher up and I was rubbing his arms/leg with my hands. We slowed down a bit and he rested his head on my foot and I rested my hand on his for awhile. By now it was 10:30 and he was supposed to be back at 10 so we started to get ready to leave, and he volunteered to put my socks back on for me. We drove back to the mall to get his car, and we had 2 full body hugs before he left, both saying we had a great time. He said he will message me later so that we can hopefully go hiking before he leaves.

It's a little long I know but hopefully some of you are glad that something finally happened! Hopefully we stay in contact in the future, and he isn't moving too far away and I know he wants me to visit him so who knows.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2012 at 12:15 PM ----------

And I don't think the foot thing is all that weird, it actually felt pretty good =D

12. JRed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, sounds like it was worth the wait. Keep us updated if you go hiking together

13. Phoenixaaa

I just read this whole thing today and all I have to say is... congrats! :eusa_clap(!):eusa_danc:slight_smile::grin:

The anticipation was unbearable at times, but it seemed to have all paid off in the end. I wish you the best of luck. Also, keep up the updates to your situation because I am hooked.

14. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm quite disappointed that you did not come out to him when he was LICKING your feet.

15. Jon56

So we did hang out again on Friday. We planned a new year's eve celebration with just him and I since he will be out of town for actual new year's eve. We started hanging out at about 10:30 and went to breakfast, lunch, a movie, and dinner, as well as another one of his favorite spots. We went back to his house at around 11ish and the same foot thing happened, but this time it was followed by taking our shirts off and giving each other back massages. We cuddled and kissed each other around the neck as well. We stopped at about 2:30 and we left to pick up his car. It was kind of horrible after I drove away because I checked my phone and apparently my family thought I was dead or something since my phone was off all day and I didn't get home till 3. I still had a great night despite that though.

I also sort of finally have an answer to the question of whether or not he was gay, and it just sort of confused me again. We talked a bit about homosexuality and though I didn't say "I'm gay" I think he obviously knows. He on the other hand had a long explanation about why he thinks some people are gay (basically that because some people don't get enough male-intimacy growing up they seek gay relationships to fill that void [I'm paraphrasing quite a bit]). He said that's what he misses about Europe, how it isn't considered gay if you touch another guy. So I'm not sure if he is truly gay or what. In the end I suppose it doesn't matter since he also said he doesn't think he sees himself being with a man in the future.

Also I dont know if anyone from the foot fetishists point of view could add anything, but what do you think about penetration? He flat out said he doesn't like any aspect of it (with either men or women). I wonder if it's just a quirk about him or has to do with his supposed-fetish. Thoughts?

16. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just want to say that his explanation seems to be very correct to me.
    I was raised by my mom, so I always feel the need to have a masculine guy to protect me. I wouldn't be attracted to guys if my dad was there for me.

17. Jon56

I think that is similar to him as well, I don't think his dad was in his life and it was just his mom and sister. He also said the way a mother raises her kids is another reason, whether they like her or not

18. MichaelB

I have a gay friend where he comes from a single parent family, but his mother left and his father raised him. Him and his father are incredibly close.

Throws a bit of a spanner into that hypothesis really, doesn't it? I don't think homosexuality has a correlation between parents affection/love and sexuality.

I mean, I know plenty of straight guys that don't even know their dad. Again, throws a bit of a spanner into that conclusion... Why aren't all of them gay then?

Vice versa, I know plenty of straight women who don't like or don't know their mothers. Why aren't they lesbians? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit:

and to be more on topic, I'm sorry man. I would be so fucked at his misleading signs... I think he might be a closet case. I mean, foot fetish or not, I don't know ANY straight blokes that would even consider doing what he's done. And I'm 'European', so I don't think his whole facade of 'european' friendliness is holding any ground haha.

#178 MichaelB, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  19. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

My oh my. I read your whole thread last night and felt wanting more. I'm glad something happened today :lol:. I'm dying to see how this guy looks, but I understand that is against the rules here. I hope all goes well during your new years celebration tonight.

For me, it seems like he is gay. I have numerous European friends (heck my family is Spanish), and while they are closer and more affectionate than Americans, they don't kiss each other in bed. The penetration thing sounds suspicious, but I have no experience with much of this.

20. Ianthe

OMG!!! I SOOOO thought this thread had died, and I was so, so, sad about it!

Penetration can be fun, if you like that, but is unnecessary. There are lots of other things you can do, including more of what you are already doing. If penetration isn't important to either of you, there is no reason it has to be part of your relationship.

What did you tell him about your own home life?

What's his explanation for why so many gay guys have straight siblings that were raised by the same mom? Many gay men are closer to their mothers than their fathers, but this is almost certainly the result of them being gay, rather than the cause of it. (In some cases, gay men just get along better with women generally, and sometimes their fathers pick up on their sexuality and distance themselves because of it.)

I think he's pretty obviously having a hard time accepting his own sexuality. It may make him unwilling to classify your relationship as a romantic one, even when it obviously is.

European dudes do NOT normally rub each other's feet on their faces. No!!! I'm pretty sure that would definitely be considered sexual in Europe as well as here.

Assuming you're okay with the "no penetration" thing, you can let him know that it would be an option to just not do that. It's not required. (In fact, penetration is far less a "requirement" for gay relationships than straight ones.) Being gay is not about penetration or anal sex. It just means that, when you do sexual or romantic things (whatever those might be for you), you like to do them with people of the same sex.

I think he's gay, but he isn't comfortable with the idea of certain gay sex things, on account of them being, you know, gay. You should probably take things really slow.

Just keep seeing how it goes, and keep us posted!