1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is FtM a rejection of feminism?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by maverick, Sep 7, 2011.

1. LILuke

I don't see any connection to patriarchy or anything like that. It's just what individual people feel on the inside and want to do with their lives. Frankly arguments like this just annoy me to no end. :/

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's debatable whether you could call these "womon" Feminists as they clearly reject the tenets of Communist/Intersectional Feminism, and they embody everything that's wrong with Bourgeois (pseudo) feminism. I know the term Feminazi is offensive and wrong on so many levels, but the term seems fitting for feminists like these who place the value of sex and gender, just like Nazis do on race.

Secondly ftms make up such a small portion of FAABs, so how the fuck can this pseudo-feminist claim it erases femaleness? Arguably, the very being of masculine dykeness does the same thing, but she's not gonna quit living as one is she? Since when has Feminism become a misandrist movement?

Furthermore, she's infusing Christian rhetoric normally wielded against homosexuals like her: the idea that gays are gay because they've been sexually victimized. What a joke, employing the tactics of the opposition against us. Just because she hates ftms doesn't excuse her usage of such underhanded tactics.

There's some kind of pathological urge in marginalized communities to go after even more marginalized communities, and the ugliness behind it really is no different from the bigotry we get from those in power. In effect, they do the same thing. They deprive us of solidarity, a platform to speak on, and they deprive of us of collective power. I'm not their enemy, but others who would otherwise sympathize with feminism including ftms, mtfs, and even some cis-men get turned away from it, thanks to people like her, who's political goals don't come from compassion, but from hatred against men and transfolk.

3. Klutz

I'm a feminist and if you think I'm going to apologize for something that happened before I was born you will be waiting a looooong time.

Now, to the OP. I think that saying trans* people are rejecting feminism is absurd.

4. Ruthven

When he said that (two years ago), he meant he hasn't seen anyone in the thread making excuses/defending the idea of some feminists thinking trans guys are rejecting feminism.

He wasn't implying that people should apologise for anything.

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This thread is 2 years old. Why was it necrobumped?
    Anyways, I do not like 3rd wave feminism. Many of its followers are in relatively egalitarian first world countries, and the feminazis have basically ruined it for me. Put the fight somewhere else where it's needed. Oppression is relative.

#65 An Gentleman, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. justjade

I believe women should have equal rights, and I'm a trans guy. However, I'm not a trans guy because I don't like women or because I want male privilege. I am just not a woman. I've tried to feel like a woman, and that just never happened. However, I do understand the issue with being butch. It actually contributes to the invisibility of trans guys in a way. Trans guys who live in an area where there are a lot of butch lesbians are often mistaken for them. The line is kind of blurred.

Anyway, I'm a man because that's who I am, not because I'm rejecting feminism, not because I believe in patriarchy, but because deep down, I really am a man, and I own it to myself to be myself and live my life.