1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Douching Before Anal a Must?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mlh88, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Mlh88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

Been talking to this guy that I’m hoping to have sex with…never had anal sex before (I’m wanting to bottom). He was asking if I was prepared for anal sex, I have researched and know that washing and wiping well is good enough, I’m not really comfortable with douching and I know it can have risks as well. He said douching is really the only sure way to be clean. I really don’t want to douche, or am I off base and is this a normal expectation? I’ve been using a toy and just shower/wipe well before using it and the toy has always come out clean. Thanks for any insight.

2. Red1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We all have a different ass and anatomy !! I'm usually a top, but the odd time being bottom it worked out ok like you with the sex toy. Though I have heard a story of a penis being covered in excrement when withdrawn, how true I don't know.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I think there can be a weird obsession with cleanliness. In my mind, a bit of stuffs just comes with the territory. Based on the type of play, why would anybody be expecting pristine? Lol

Especially if the toy and guy are similar size, and you have a semi-healthy diet, then you should be good.

4. Mlh88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Appreciate the replies. I didn’t know since I was inexperienced if this was just the expectation and I was off base. The toy I’ve been using is six inches so an average guy size. I’ll reiterate to him that I’ve researched the point more. Thanks.

5. Jahiem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Guys bottomed for me and they just took a simple shower and paid extra attention to their anal area. I never had any issues

Mlh88 likes this.
  6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes, douching can be counter-productive, especially if you overdo it. If you wish to douche, it should only be a minimal amount for cleanliness and not immediately before you have sex either. Best to leave an hour or so before you get down to it.

To be blunt, sometimes "shit happens", but it's not the end of the world if it does happen and it doesn't mean it will happen every time either. If the top wears a condom (as he should) it's not even a big deal. Just hop in the shower, clean up and laugh it off.

If you want to bottom regularly, diet is far more important than douching.

7. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I like to douche as an add layer of protection against accidents however I agree diet is more beneficial. Either way accidents happen it is just part of sex.

8. Vintage gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a 68-year-old bottom. If you have a decent diet and fairly firm stools, just showering and cleaning it really well is generally good enough. The only time I ever had a problem was with one guy with a very large appendage. When I'm going to be with him, I douche. I keep a package of moist wipes near the bed with the condoms and lube.

Red1 and Jahiem like this.