1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm still shaking

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jamie, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Well for a while i've been wanting to tell somebody who I know (other than on the net) about being gay. Well i've just done it!!!

To be honest I didn't know how he would react. I was bricking myself thinking that although he's a really nice, sensitive lad (who i'd pick for gay if i didn't know better) that he might be a complete homophobe and i'd not know. This was a big gamble on my part to be honest, since if it got out that I was gay, then my dad would actually kick me out of the house. But he was brilliant, at first he was a little unsure about what it was to be gay:

"so you think you're gay?"
    "how do you know?"
    "you don't look gay"

all the sorts of questions and comments that came out, but I soon explained to him who and what I am. And he's been brilliant he really has, he's obviously promised not to tell anyone and he said that he's my mate no matter what which made me feel a little bit warmer in side.

It just gets to the point where i've oppened my mouth and couldn't really go back on what i'd said. Just glad that i've got someone I can be honest to.

Jamie xxxxx

2. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Congratulations on telling your first person!!! It's really great to have someone you can confide in in person, even though it might feel a little weird at first. But once you get past that surprisingly short phase, it's really nice.

3. ampthejazz

Congrats man. It's such a good feeling to finally get something like that off your chest.

4. TriBi

Congrats! Well done - glad it went well and you feel good about it. :thumbsup:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congratulations Jamie!!! (!) (!) (!)

6. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    thanks guys, it still feels very unreal to be honest... and very wierd but i'm sure that will pass. Although it didn't go anything like I thought my coming out would (have rehersed it in my mind so many times) it was a good experience and hopefully will lead to me coming out to other friends at some point in the near future.

7. LorenzG1950

Congratulations Jamie(!) Trust me, it gets easier each time. Last Wednesday I came out to a friend I hadn't seen in many years. He thought it was totally cool and we wound up at a gay disco, dancing together no less. And he's very straight. It was such a neat experience. I've had nothing but support from my friends and it feels so great not to have to beat around the bush when those formerly awkward questions slip into a conversation. Don't stop now. You might be on a roll.:thumbsup:

8. Cloud Nine 5

CONGRATS!!!

You've helped a lot and we were in a similar situation, you took a step up. :slight_smile: