1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay and my boyfriend of 2 yrs is straight again!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brokenhearted, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Brokenhearted

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well here's my story.

I met (let's call him tweeder), on myspace 2 years ago. Before me he was with a drag queen who dressed up at night and before that he slept with about 3 transexuals. I am an entertainer myself and that is how we met but on our second date he met me for the first time. We hit it off. A few months passed and we decided to make it official and he moved in together. We later moved in to a bigger place and he proposed to me. He would always tell me that I am the best thing that happened to him. I cooked for him, washed his clothes, ironed, you name it I did it. I was a very traditional housewife. My mother raised me that way, to always take care of your man. I fell head over heels in love with tweeder. He's perfect and a mans man. He played sports, every sport, he watches football, basketball, plays beerpong, he is really a guy. That is what I'm attracted to.

During our relationship, I caught him several times messaging girls, trannies, guys on social networks like Facebook, craigslist, etc... Very firtatious and doing things he shouldn't be. I would always ask him about it. Never mad, just hurt cause I never understood. I figured he was bisexual since when he was in high school he was with nothing but girls. Since he graduated in 2005 he has been with trannies and guys. So for 6 years he has been gay/bisexual or something.

I forgave him every time he would cheat on me on the Internet. We would talk and he made promises not to hurt me again and that I was the one he wanted. He never acted out on it just on the internet he even said it was just for entertainment and he was SO sorry. I love him a lot and still stood by my man for better or for worse. We started to grow our family with dogs, phone plan together, car loan together for him, insurance together, we had a lot together. Cause I believed him.

He is 24 yrs old and I am 36, I have a great job as a senior leader at a large bank and he works for a bank himself. I was able to get him in because of family helping me out with it. I was able to give him everything he needed to feel successful and I supported him to strive for more. That's what I do.

He met a girl at work and from one day to the next he decided he was no longer able to see himself living the gay lifestyle. He said I'm not gay I'm straight and he left me. He was now dating her. He spent Christmas with her and her family. Because of how I felt, I allowed him to continue to stay with me in our home as roommates till he figures what he wants to do. About 5 days ago, she found out about him and he was pissed. He said they were no longer talking and he was moving out and going back to his parents. He has now moved everything out out gave me his keys, said he would still help with the bills till our lease is up. He has a new phone and obviously does not want me to contact him. Before he left he said he needed to lay low and get away for a while. I am not bothering him, I'm giving him what he needs. I know in my heart I did nothing wrong but he's treating me so bad.

I feel so alone, spent Christmas and new years so alone. I feel he has moved on and understand that I need to as well. I truly do love him and hope that he finds his way home. I still do want him back very much. I'm confused, lost, hurt, all the typical things you feel after a breakup. I just don't know where to go from here. I love him and still feel this could work but don't know where to start or how to communicate with him. I don't want to seem needy and I don't want to push him further away. I feel SO stuck. It's been two weeks now.

Always,

Mr. Brokenhearted

2. starfish

(&&&)

Wow, he sounds like quite a piece of work. I know it sucks now, but in the long run I think you'll be better off.

3. MommaFrog

I'm so sorry hun **mega hug**

I'm not sure how to explain that behavior other than maybe he truly is bisexual, and the stress of "not being straight" made him snap? The not being able to be part of what is supposed to be typical of a man by cultural standards. I dont know. I think all you can do for now is live your life in the assumption that he is never coming back. If he does and things work out, great. If not, well, then you still have your life.

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

wow bro, ((((HUG)))) from me too. he sounds like he's young and exploring. that's the challenge cause i think he's still trying to figure things out and unfortunately you've become a victim of his exploration. you're a good guy man. hang in there. i think you'll get the support you need here. peace and ((((((( HUGS )))))))) ~ me

5. Yorksblond

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend of 3 years has just told me he's straight too, I'm devestated, and don't know what to do, I feel betrayed and used, he's had boyfriends before and talks of nothing other than gay things, he says he's been living a lie and can't handle it anymore, help!!!

6. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Oh man, just when I thought I opened up the possibility of dating a guy who is bisexual, now I'm not too sure. This is the problem. There's nothing at all wrong with bisexuality nor are they more prone to cheat. However, the main risk has to deal with the pressures from our society to conform to a "straight lifestyle." Someone who is bisexual faces the same pressures as gay people, but a bisexual can easily be fulfilled in a straight relationship whereas a gay person will feel empty. That is a risk when dating someone bi in a society that promotes heterosexuality to the extreme. It's not biphobia, it is reality. We all take risks when we date someone and bisexuality is an extra risk ONLY because of our heterosexist society. There's nothing wrong with bisexuality in of itself.... it's the cultural standards that make it risky to be with someone of that orientation. I know I'll get hate mail for saying all of that and someone bi will tell me they fall for the person not gender.... I'm not doubting that at all. But understand a gay person's point of view and concerns. Unfortunately, a few bad apples can give an entire group a bad name. Saying you are gay one day, then deciding you are straight the next. Now you can see why many gay/lesbians have concerns about dating bi people.

#6 cm81990, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  7. Akatosh

I'm sorry Brokenhearted :frowning2: Your story made me sad. I know it's not always an issue, but I wouldn't date anyone that was younger than 22 just because of maturity level. I know I wouldn't have dated the 22 year old version of myself. I think he is battling himself, detaching from you and the world as a result. You provided for him well, sounds like, in all areas of life. Some people are drawn to chaos, constant change, because, well, they're immature. It's strange that he has decided to do this at 24, though. That was the age when I grew tired of chaos and nothing ever being constant. I overheard some 20-something girls at a coffee shop talking this week, and one of them said, "Greg was a very good guy, and that's the problem."

I almost interjected, but stopped myself. I really wanted to tell her that the problem is she had it too good. From her story, Greg gave her a place to live, income, and didn't cheat on her. She had it made. I'm sure she'll see that she royally f'd up when she enters a disastrous relationship.

I'm rooting for Greg to have found a new, better woman by that time, and look back and laugh at his relationship he had with that girl.

You need a man, not a boy. I hope you start feeling better and get back out there, find someone who you absolutely want to spend the rest of your life with.