1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, May 24, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nick, I'm so happy for you! Coming out to your wife seems to have been such a huge move for you! I'm so happy it's given you this sense of freedom and happiness.

I think for me it's not necessairuly enough for everything to be integrated. Even outside of being queer, I feel I need to have outlets to enjoy,embrace and identify with the things that are deeply tied to "me". I've gotten lost in motherhood, marriage, and even just daily life and other obligations. Investing in my identity is really important to me

2. marriedcd

Barista this was a great thread. It made me think and yesterday made me say outloud that I am a woman who lis heterosexual, flexible enuff to love and have romantic feelings for my wife. I am also a Christian, a father of three wonderful grown children. I am physicist, a sports nut...it could go on. I guess my point is I identify as a lot of things and I am proud of all of it. As Nick said, I am me. You come up with some of the most thought provoking posts

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go you! It's amazing to say these things out loud, and affirm who you are.

I am so happy that I've come on this journey to better affirm who I am as well. I'm glad to see you say you're proud of you. That makes me happy :slight_smile: