1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might have ruined things forever...my life is such a mess

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by blueskies, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So relieved to hear that, please keep us updated... so happy that he came home like that. Many people have said this before, but I'll say it again- you two have something that is very real, and that is very special. I think you are wrong when you mentioned earlier that he could just simply walk away, that to an extent, the feelings are more heavily weighed on your part than upon his... Hope everything is going well with you two back home together

2. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's really great, I'm so glad you guys were able to survive your first big fight. It's sort of a milestone in a relationship, to still love each other even after a nasty fight. The others are right, this is one of the sweetest stories I've ever seen, and you really do have something special. Martin would be crazy to leave you, and he seems to know it.

You know, I'm not sure you need any advice, you seem to be doing things right. Even your willingness to apologize after a fight goes a long way in keeping a relationship together. Just don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

I don't think the feelings are any less on his side, from what you've described I suspect he loves you just as much or even more than you love him, he just has a different way of showing it.

#402 GrumpyOldLady, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fantastic news! Now, don't let the ball get stuck. Keep supporting him and making him comfortable, but help him realize his fears of rejection are not as bad as he thinks. The people who mind his sexuality don't matter, and the people who matter won't mind.

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2014 at 05:04 PM ----------

You should tell him he's really brave and that you really are proud of what he did. Tell him to keep up with his sister so she also doesn't "forget" about this and can be used as a support when he thinks about telling other family members or friends. She is really a good choice for him to share his secrets that he may be embarrassed to tell you.

4. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for your comments, you're all lovely! (*hug*)

I haven't been on here in a couple of days because I've wanted to be with Martin as much as possible. Things aren't really weird or awkward between us which is good. We still haven't discussed the fight we had a while ago and I don't even know if we should? I don't know if it's necessary to bring it up again.

Me and Martin have talked a lot though. I now know where he was when he wasn't here. He was angry with me, went to John's (of all people, they're not even that close!) place and went out and got drunk off his ass two night in a row, and during the second night he realized he didn't really want to be there and that he didn't really want to be with John so he left and went to his sister's place. He stayed there for a couple of days and they talked a lot apparently. Like I said before, she was a bit shocked but still very supportive. She knows about me and Martin and thinks we make a cute couple haha.

Me and Martin have talked a bit about stuff that's happened (not The Fight, though) and I think I now partly understand how difficult this has been for him and I want to kick myself for being so selfish. I'm such a burden for him, especially now that I have this stupid illness to deal with too. Martin doesn't like talking about his feelings and he didn't really say much about how hard it's been for him, but I know him so well so I can tell even though he didn't explicitly say it.

Martin's taken a few days off work so we're going to my family's summer cottage today, just me and him. He thought we needed to spend some time together and also that we needed a change of scenery and I definitely agree. We're leaving as soon as I've been to see my doctor and we'll be back on Sunday. I'm going to try and get my doctor to let me go off Prozac and switch to another anti-depressant instead since Prozac's done nothing for me.

Dragoness: I'll reply to both your comments now since I didn't have time to reply to your comment last time I was on here.

I'm going to reply to all your messages here.

An LGBT support group would be nice, maybe. The thing is I don't know if there are any in Sweden, though. Sweden sucks in that way.

Martin's definitely not a talker. I think he needs to overcome that, though. I would like to be able to discuss our problems without having him freak out on me, though. I do feel like we had a nice talk yesterday though.

We haven't talked about the future of our relationship yet, and I think having such a conversation with him would be difficult. I think it's necessary to have such a conversation sometime in the near future though. Also I'm with you that I agree that he probably likes me a lot and want to be with me since he's come out to his sister and everything...at the moment he's willingly tearing the walls that he's built around him down and I love that. I love him so much.

I'll try to remember not to blame myself. :slight_smile:

I agree that this fight was a big milestone for us and I feel like we've come out stronger.

PatrickPH:

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my thread!

I agree with you here; I obviously can't know for sure but I'd suspect he wouldn't be with another guy, so it's not like he just came out as bi/gay. I know he told his sister about us but skipped telling her his sexuality - in my opinion that is because he still doesn't know. But yeah, telling his sister probably means he really wants to be with me. :grin:

Resu:

Thank you, I'll try to help him realize that but I have a feeling that'll be easier said than done, unfortunately.

I've told him he's really brave already and I think he liked hearing that. :grin: Him and his sister are close, they're twins btw, and I feel like he's been avoiding her recently and I hope for his sake that that'll change now. I agree that she's a good choice of support! :slight_smile:

---

Again, thank you everyone for your comments and support!! :kiss:

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't beat yourself down. You aren't selfish. You're only human. You are actually very strong to take your depression by the horns and fight it. Martin is also likely dealing with some kind of depression, so he needs the same help. Even though your anti-depressant may not have seemed to be effective, it does seem to have given you some courage to try pushing things forward. My counselor said depression is like walking with two big sacks of potatoes on your back. Everyone else can ask you to run a mile, but they don't see those sacks, so you have to just go at your own pace.

I forgot about his sister being a twin. That makes his coming out even more important!

6. tommyboi115

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi blueskies, just wondering how you and martin are doing and if everything between you is okay now, when I commented last time I said that the guy I was kinda dating was using me.. well it turns out he only said that because he was afraid of the commitment and he actually does like me YAY :slight_smile: but that is enough about me. I seriously hope everything is okay with you guys. I wish you all the best.

7. Cam65

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    um hi, i spent 4 hours reading everything lol
    i hope things are gettin better. Good luck! blueskies
    PDS: tommyboi115 Congrats!!!!!!!!! im glad 4 u :slight_smile:

8. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys, I just wanted to tell you I'm okay.

I'm going to try not to be too triggering since I know there are people on here that are dealing with the same issues. Anyways so I was in a very bad place last Thursday and just didn't want to live anymore. Martin took me to the hospital, I was admitted and got to go home today. I'm still feeling almost as bad as I did on Thursday so I'm going to stay away from here until I feel better. I promise I'll come back and answer your comments when I do feel better :slight_smile:

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry about that, but it's really awesome Martin was there for you! Hopefully he realizes how much he means to you and how hard it has been for you. Sometimes it takes things like that before stubborn people realize how much they have been hurting others. You are very strong! Don't question that for a second! This is just a detour and your brain telling you to stop and get some rest. Try not to do important things. Take each day as a new beginning. Eventually, you will come out stronger.

10. Stick in there Blueskies. I'm thinking of you.

:slight_smile:

11. mav96213

Hang in there Blueskies, lots of people here who care about you, hope you're feeling better soon.

12. amanitomuscario

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Be strong no matter how difficult life seems to be! Depression can be quite challenging and you need to encourage yourself to shift your life into something enjoyable. You have succeeded so much so far, don't give up now.
    I wish that you get better and squeeze the best out of life with Martin! Greetings from Spain. :slight_smile:(*hug*)

13. mav96213

Hey, was thinking about you, hoping everything has improved and you're feeling better....

14. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone,

thank you so much for your support! It's really heartwarming and is actually making me feel a little bit less shit.

I was admitted to the hospital again two days after my last post. I was at my parents' place and my mom more or less made me go back there because she was afraid I would hurt myself. At the hospital they made me choose between being voluntarily admitted or being sectioned and I've been sectioned before and that sucked so I chose to be admitted. I got back out yesterday so all in all I was there for ten days. Martin has been so great about this, he hates hospitals and yet he came and visited me every single day I was there.

The psychiatric care is a joke, really. I was only to be discharged when I got more stable and even though I feel exactly the same now as I did before I was admitted, I was discharged yesterday. I'm so tired of everything, I just can't stand feeling like this anymore and yet I wasn't offered any real help while I was at the hospital. So yeah, I'm not exactly feeling very hopeful at the moment. The only good thing is that I've finally started to come off the Prozac and hopefully I'll be on another drug soonish.

Anyways, I'm back here again. It's good to be back home.

Oh right, I thought I forgot to tell you that Martin and me managed to resolve lots of things while we were at my parents' summer cottage. Things are good between us but I can't really put too much energy into working on our relationship at the moment.

Again, thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate every single one of them :grin:

15. mav96213

Hey, just glad you're ok, thanks for the update. Good to hear that you and Martin worked things out and he's been supportive. Don't worry about "stuff" right now, just concentrate on getting better (and hopefully the new meds work better!).

16. Blossom85

Good to hear from you, glad to hear you are okay as much as you can be. It is lovely to hear that Martin has been supportive, I think that should you that he really does care for you a lot and I hope once you get yourself better, you are able to better work on your relationship with him. Just remember you always have a home here at EC with us, and we are all thinking of you ~hugs~

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, most hospitals act like glorified nannies, just making sure you don't die, not really caring about long term assistance. Try to work with a counselor ASAP. I'm happy that Martin has been so doting on you and tried to make progress. Hopefully he realizes what a gem he has in you. You are a tough cookie!

18. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's great to hear that you and Martin were able to resolve a few things. I'm so sorry your depression has been acting up again, though. I hope you're able to find the right treatment soon. Has your regular therapist suggested any treatment in addition to medication, like cognitive therapy or something like that?

I was always afraid to take any medication because of addiction problems in the family, although there were times when it probably would have helped a lot. I could never afford the type of doctor that could prescribe medication, anyway, since I usually ended up seeing someone weekly and that was paid out of my own pocket, My therapists usually concentrated on helping me learn to recognise where the negative thoughts in my head were coming from and how to counter them, and I've done a lot of work on my own. I've actually been thinking of seeing a therapist again because I want to get rid of some anxiety and I still get dark thoughts out of nowhere. It's an ongoing process.

19. blueskies

blueskies Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys,

just wanted to check in. I went to see my doctor today and then saw my therapist later. I’m getting off Prozac in two weeks, finally. Then I’m going to try Effexor and hope for the best. Getting new medication is very easy but actually getting help other than that however, is not. I told my doctor straight out how I’m feeling and she told me she could admit me to the hospital but I don’t want to go there again so there’s basically nothing they can do to help me.

I don’t want to go back because hospitals always make me feel even worse and last time I was admitted there, Martin had to try and help me every time he came to visit because I just needed someone to talk to and there was no one at the hospital I could talk to. I was seriously in bed crying and being pretty hysterical in general when a nurse came into my room. He was handing out medication and he placed my cup on my nightstand and asked me if I needed any more medication (as weird as it might sound, you can ask for more medication if you feel like you need it…seriously the people at that place would rather turn you into a zombie than have a conversation with you) before leaving my room. He didn’t even try to talk to me or anything even though he saw I was upset. That made me lose what little trust I had left in the emergency psychiatric care. I’m never going back there.

I feel so sorry for Martin though, I feel so very guilty. He’s the best person ever and everything but I don’t deserve him. He does everything around the house and never asks for anything from me. He’s calm and understanding every time I go off on him. I’m super moody these days and have these meltdowns I can’t control. I just yell at him for no reason at all and god knows I feel so guilty about that because he doesn’t deserve it but I can’t stop myself. I’m very unstable in all ways possible though – I dropped a plate earlier today, it broke and I started crying so yeah my emotions are a bit all over the place. I feel so sorry for Martin, I had a panic attack in the middle of the night yesterday and he stayed up for hours trying to calm me down and then trying to make me feel better. It was super scary because I couldn’t breathe and I’m so glad he stayed up with me but I still feel guilty for depriving him of sleep. I just want to be able to go back to work just so that I can feel useful and not like a burden.

Mav: thank you so much! I’m definitely just trying to get better- it’s seriously everything I can do right now. I’ve given up trying to do something that doesn’t involve simply just trying to get through the day. I’m knackered at the end of each day even though I never do anything. I never even leave the house except for when I’m going to see my therapist or psychiatrist.

Blossom85: thank you for your comment! I realize how much he cares for me and in a way that makes everything even worse because that makes me super guilty about the way I’m feeling unfortunately. And also of my behavior, which I know I should be ashamed of.

Resu: you can tell me that again! They’re seriously just trying to stop you from killing yourself and that’s everything they do. I feel like I never receive any real help while in the hospital. I’m seeing a therapist two days a week and my psychiatrist one day a week. We’re currently trying to work out a schedule which works for me and we’re also trying to make sure I follow it. At the moment, when I’m left alone, I rarely leave my bed, I rarely eat and I rarely do much of anything, which isn’t really helping me. Thank you!!

DragonHerz: I’m in CBT twice a week, is that the same thing as cognitive therapy?

That sucks :frowning2: I don’t mind medication (especially since it’s free in Sweden) but right now I’m on 8 different medications with an additional two that I can take whenever I need it. And it’s like, I’m starting to feel like I’m losing myself. I don’t even know what’s the side effects of the medications and what’s caused by my actual depression anymore. I think I really need to work with my thoughts too.

20. bounced

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried to send this to you in a private message but it wouldn't let me so i'll just post it here...

Hi blue sky... i hope you dont mind me messaging you. I have been following your thread ever since I found this website and I'm so sorry to hear about your struggle with depression. I don't think I've ever suffered clinical depression before, but I believe I have experienced extended 'depressive episodes' before which were horrible. I can only imagine what you are going through is 1000 times worse but I think i might have a glimmer of understanding and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm not going to write a really long/drawn out message, and I'm sure you know all of this stuff already, but I thought I would tell you what I have observed maybe just as a reminder. Of all the posts I have read on the forum and on others (related to my own dillema of falling in love with my straight mate, I'm not sure if you read it or not) yours is the only story that I have read where it actually had a happy ending. You and Martin actually ended up together. In every other situation either the other guy never felt the same way or else couldn't reconcile their feelings and a lot of the time their friendship fell apart which is tragic. Your story inspired me and gave me hope that maybe my situation may result in a happy ending for me and my best friend. Although my situation hasn't resolved itself yet, (it doesn't look like that we are going to end up together), we are still great friends and I am grateful for that.

Enough about me though, I guess I just want to 'remind' you, when you are in a really dark place and feel like you can't go on anymore, that you have someone that truly loves you and that you are truly blessed, as it is very rare in the kind of situations that we have been in for it to end up this way. I know that you feel like a burden on those who love you, and sometimes you feel like they will be better off without you around, but it is simply not true. Martin wouldn't be there if he didn't love you immensely. He's not just hanging around because he is afraid of the consequences if he leaves.

I'm sure you know all of this already and I hope I don't sound like I'm patronising you. I just know how hard I would fight for someone I love to get better if they were in your situation. Just know that there are many people out there, including those like me who will never meet you, that care about what happens to you and wish the best for you. I hope that the place where you are now is the pit of the valley and you only rise up from here and get better and better. I'm not sure if you are in the position to exercise at the moment but whenever i am feeling down i go to the gym and feel so much better after a workout. I also listen to music which lifts my spirits. I don't know what kind of music you like, but I really love edm music and find it's energy really uplifiting and inspiring. My favourite artist at the moment is gareth emery. Listen to his album called drive, it just makes me feel free.

I'm going to keep following your thread and see how everything is going. Take one day at a time and just remind yourself about those people who matter the most to you.

Love, bounced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.