1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really like this guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jostle100, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ANightDude

Don't mean to go off topic here but... has anyone else read through this entire thing and been MINDBLOWN? This kid's gotten more action in his first semester than I had in all my three years.

2. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know, its weird isn't it? I think everybody can be like this if they were out to everyone.

3. Hidinginalabama

I think you just have to ask him if he is gay. There is no real way around it. He did ask you if he could by your boyfriend witch by the way is awesome:thumbsup: And to let you know there is no real way to ask some one and it not be some what weird. I hope things keep gettting better and they sound like they are. Best of luck man. :icon_bigg

4. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I already got a boyfriend, remember? For some reason, I thought he was the hottest guy in 6th grade even though I saw Michael before. When I got to know Michael better, Michael became the better guy. Maybe its not the looks, me and Kolton don't really have anything in common. I'm like twins with Michael. Should I ask him if he's gay or should I tell him I'm gay, and when should I tell him? We have been only friends for less than a month.

EDIT: Or should I wait until HE makes more moves??

5. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And yes, he did ask if I could be his boyfriend but he was mumbling.

6. Hidinginalabama

Not going to lie I forgot that you were aready dating some one. But let me ask you this do you still like kolton like you did when you first started dating him? If not then I dont see why you should stay around. Your going to date lots of guys before you find the right one. And for Michael I would just ask him if he is cause I think he should by now all ready know that you are gay. But do what ever you feel is right. Its your life and you know what is right for your self.

7. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah, I don't like Kolton that much anymore. I'll try to tell Kolton that on Monday and maybe tell Michael too. And why would Michael already know I'm gay?

#87 jostle100, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  8. Hidinginalabama

Because your dating Kolton. Unless people dont know that your dating him. But I think Michael already know just because he asked if he could be your boyfriend. I dont think he would ask if he didnt already know or think that you were gay. No straight guy that I know of would ask another guy if he could be his boyfriend if he didnt mean it. Just see what he says on monday. Eather way things will work out just fine.:thumbsup:

9. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One, I'm not "dating" Kolton, we just like each other and no body knows we're in a relationship, and Michael was mumbling and I didn't really think he meant it. He said it fast, unclear, quietly, and probably jokingly.

10. TheAnonymity

Here's one way:

Just be hanging out with him, doing nothing at all, and ask him right out of the blue if he's gay. Don't even give any indicators you're going to ask him something. Just surprise him with it. If he answers no, just say okay, and move on to the next topic.

11. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, I'll try to try that. Right now I would imagine he would say no whether if he is or not, but again it be awkward for me :icon_redf. I'll tell you guys what happens tomorrow.

12. Ianthe

What? No. It's kind of rude to ask someone without telling them about yourself first.

Tell him you are gay. Then ask him if he's gay. Do all of this privately, obviously.

However, the mumbling actually convinces me he's serious. If he were joking, he wouldn't have mumbled; the mumbling indicates nervousness and embarrassment, which only make sense if he meant what he was saying.

13. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't do it! And I think Ianthe is right about "No, its kind of rude to ask someone without telling them about yourself first". I was going to tell him, we were waiting for the band teacher to tell us to come in, so were in the line waiting doing nothing. I was going to open my mouth and say something then he said "nope, don't say it". Creepy, huh?

14. TheAnonymity

Sorry, I had a predisposition that you were friends with Michael or whatever his name is. Anyways, wow, he said that, eh? Just get him somewhere private and tell him that you're gay, and if he doesn't freak out or go like this: :eusa_danc, then ask him if he is. Easier said than done though, I know. But this is the best possible way to ask him without sort of alienating him. (You could alienate him if he isn't gay, but this method is better than alienating him by asking him abruptly or beating around the bush about it. Basically, your best chance is with this method.)

Good luck!

15. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I also tried doing a test on him, I asked him "So, do you have a girlfriend?" he replied "well there *voice trails off* is this 7th grader and she asked me....."(he got so quiet, I couldn't hear him). So I didn't think he was that interested in girls. I never heard him talk about girl either. I'm going to try to bring up a gay topic, something like "___ is so gay" or something like that. Its just not possible to find a private time, either there is no time or everybody is surrounding us. He also acts childish (not immature, but in a cute way :wink:) around me and not with his other friends.

16. Ianthe

Um, maybe avoid the "so-and-so is so gay" thing. It might seem like you think that's a bad thing, which would be completely wrong for what you want to happen.

Try saying positive stuff about gay-related things. Do you watch Glee? Maybe mention that you think it's really great that there's a show that's so positive about gay people. I mean, you really want to get the point across that you are at least gay-friendly, so that if he is gay, he will feel safer about coming out to you.

Also, try really hard not to lie to him if he asks you about girls and stuff. Make sure you at least don't say anything that will really make him think that you're not gay.

17. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is Glee gay or something? I heard of it like everywhere and we even sung their songs in music class.

18. Ianthe

Out of the 12 main students in the show, 4 are gay or bisexual, and additionally, Finn and Rachel, who are arguably the most central couple, both now have gay people in their immediate families. That makes half of them.

Ryan Murphy, the show's creator, is also gay in real life, as is Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvester, the Glee club's usual enemy on the show.

You are pretty much guaranteed that every episode will present a "gay perspective" on whatever the main theme of the episode is.

I could go on about the important gay-related themes the show has explored, and some of the more minor characters and so on, but basically, yes, the show is kind of gay. There's plenty of interest for straight people, but a lot more of interest to gay people than anything I can remember ever watching in a show on network TV (as opposed to cable).

19. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm ok Ianthe. Without me bringing girls up today, he saw that 7th grader and said he kissed her once in a truth or dare game. I brought up the "gay" topic and asked him "Is Jake gay or something" he said "probably" and never said anything after that. And in P.E. today I heard something from him that just broke my heart a little and we can't really be together anymore.

20. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry, I forgot to tell you gays what he said that made me extremely sad. He said he's gonna move. Its about a little more than 50 miles away. I feel depressed right now and just praying he won't move.