1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Haruto, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to come out, i really do! As a fifteen year old male, I just get so scared. I'm about to come out as bisexual and then my heart stops and starts beating at a million miles an hour. I then don't come out! My parents are accepting, I just don't know why. My little brother knows, but I still cant come out to my parents...

I need help

BiShark likes this.
  2. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello @Haruto

It is so difficult isn’t it? It was even difficult for me and I was much much older.

My advice to you is to take it slowly. Go to one parent first if it makes it easier. Wait for the right moment and tell them. Then things will get easier from there because they can tell the other parent. I know of a few younger people who did it this way. My friend’s son phoned her up and told her through a phone call. You could write a letter or text. Whatever feels easier for you.

I’m so glad your little brother knows. It’s a start.

Your parents are accepting but it’s still tough to begin the conversation. Maybe you could start by talking about a celebrity that is gay and then that will give you the opening to come out yourself.

You will receive so much support from people here. People who have been through what you’re going through.

Good luck with it. Keep us posted :slight_smile: We’re here for you!

Rayland and BiShark like this.
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may find it easier to write them a coming out letter. Even with the most accepting of parents it can be difficult to share this information and it's completely normal to be overcome with nervous anxiety in the moments before we speak our truth. Writing a letter and leaving it for them to read while you go out for a few hours can help to break all of that. You might find some of these letters useful Empty Closets - Coming Out Letters

4. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks a ton! I made a Minecraft world with a book explaining everything.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haruto.....Coming out can be wonderful and terrible. Occasionally at the same time! Some important factors in deciding when to come out are:
    *****Come out when YOU are ready. Don't let anyone push you into it if you are not at the place where coming out is right for you.
    *****You might want to consider using a letter WHEN the time comes to tell your parents. A big plus to a letter is that you don't have to be present when the letter is read. That can be a very big help as it eliminates the potential face-to-face confrontation that can easily go bad. Coming out in writing means you will not be interrupted or face a barrage of questions that you need to answer immediately, in the heat of the moment. You get time and they get time too and that counts for a lot. It gives the people reading the letter some time to think before they talk to you. After all, you've had time to think about your sexuality, perhaps for years…giving them at least some time to think about it too only seems fair! There are some great sample coming out letters here on empty closets that could be a big help to you. Even if you don't eventually use the letter, taking the time to think about it and to write one will help you to be sure to say what you need to say and leave out the rest! You can then use the letter as a "script" for when you do come out face-to-face. Check out the letters (see below)...they could be a real help!
    *****Also...when you do come out, whether it's tomorrow or a year from now, your parents and/or friends will probably have questions. Take some time now to think about what those questions might be. Such as; "How do you know you're Bi?" or "How long have you felt this way?" etc. The questions themselves will vary a great deal dependent upon your family and friends...so take that into consideration. If you work up a list of five or six probable questions with the answers already planned, you will likely be perceived as a more mature, serious person.

*****COMING OUT LETTERS: http://emptyclosets.com/home/pages/resources/coming-out-letters.php

*****Remember...you are a part of our LGBTQ Family and we do care! Keep us updated on how things are going for you!

.....David :gay_pride_flag: