1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to call my identity (nor what it is exactly)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sky64, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Sky64

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my gender is weird. So basically most of the time I'm a trans girl, but like not fully a girl? idk, hard to describe. But it also changes - I can sometimes be "more nonbinary" or more close to fully girl, sometimes I even am fully a girl. I've settled on girlflux and transfeminine nonbinary, but depending on the occasion I might call myself just a (trans) girl or an enby. But nothing seems to fit perfectly and I still am not 100% sure that that is what my gender is. I definitely know that I'm not cis and that my gender is closer to being a girl that to boy most of the time.

I felt like I had it all figured out when I thought that I was a binary trans girl, and then again when I learned about the label girlflux, but now I'm confused all over again. I also kinda don't feel valid, idk why every time I think about being nonbinary I feel like that.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that labels should just be used to communicate things about ourselves to other people. We should not let them define or limit us. When a label is not quite working there is no shame in exchanging a label for a new one with a better fit. At 15 you are still exploring who you really are and so it is natural that you will have to try on different labels. This should not make you feel invalid, no matter what label you use you are still you and you are valid.

Sky64 likes this.