1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know my sexuality :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel attracted to both boys and girls. I don't feel that attracted to either gender, but I still feel attracted once in a while. I have gotten "crushes" on both genders, but I don't know whether I'm having a real crush. None of my "crushes" have been that intense. I have aspergers syndrome so I've never been able to make any real friends or have opportunities to experiment. How can I know my sexuality if I can't experiment or be in any relationships?

2. Zarabi

Zarabi Guest

hey there, i know what you mean. i went through the worst storm finding out my own orientation. A good way of knowing is using two pictures, one of a hot babe and one of an attractive guy, and clear your head before you do this, and then look at the pictures, usually what first comes to mind is usually the most natural, so try this out :]

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds Bi-sexual

4. Fiddledeedee

You sound like you might well be bisexual, like Malachite said. Sexuality isn't just "straight" and "gay" – it is a spectrum with everything in between and some outside as well. Going for a time without being attracted to anyone is also quite normal as far as I understand, as is having crushes of a low/varying "intensity". It can be harder to know your sexuality if you can't/don't experiment, but just give yourself time and ask yourself who you like, perhaps like Zarabi said. Why do you like them? How – sexually, romantically, as a friend? you don't necessarily need to be in a relationship to figure yourself out, and sometimes it can hinder questioning.

5. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I'm bisexual and I felt the same way too. Being that you're only 15, just slow down, you don't always need to know right away.

6. Debug

St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
    Bisexual sounds like a very possible option that growing up and getting older will allow you to explore. Its also worth noting that it sounds like you may be what is called a "gray a" at the moment which is you occasionally feel sexual but also at times feel asexual. Have you read much about asexuality?

7. missyjustice

missyjustice Guest

I think it's perfectly natural and sensible that it would take time to figure out what your preferences are when it comes to sexual and romantic attraction. Don't stress over the labels. Just allow things to happen naturally. And trust and listen to yourself. I now identify as queer (but by definition I am a lesbian). But before then I identified as bisexual and before that as straight. It took me time to realize what my preferences were. I knew I was attracted to women before I had a relationship with one but it took being in a relationship with women for me to realize that I didn't want to be in relationships with men and wasn't actually attracted to them. Everyone's journey is different. And I really do believe in the fluidity of sexuality. Forget about the binaries or even the notion that you have to be straight, bi, or gay. there's so much room along the spectrum and knowing EXACTLY where you fit isn't that important. the answers to the questions you have will come. my advice is to just seize the opportunities when they present themselves and don't allow others to tell you who and what you are.

8. J Snow

You are you. That's all that matters. Don't let a label define you. Go with the flow and stay strong.