1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to overcome fear?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Crepy, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Crepy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all,

For as far as I can remember I have always found woman attractive. However several years ago the thought shot through my head that I might actually like men aswell or even really only like men.

Since then I've going back and forth between trying to accept myself liking men and just trying to completly ignoring it so that it would go away. Which it clearly hasn't. When I tried to accept my attraction to men my attraction to men would grow while my attraction to woman would wane. While if I tried to ignore it my attraction to men would wane and my attraction to woman would grow.

The one thing that is however constant is that when I feel attracted to woman I feel fine with it and when I feel attracted to a man I feel absolutley terrified and like I should be fleeing from it as quickly as posssible. Beyond that I feel like I don't really care who I would be attracted to as love is love.

So I guess What I'm asking for is. Has anyone else after dealt with feeling absolutley terrified of feeling attraction to the same sex and if so how have you dealt with it. Because I would like to able to feel attracted to other men without feeling like I should be running for the hills.