1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell my parents I'm a bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by HopiSophi, Nov 10, 2022.

1. HopiSophi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone, I recently joined the community. Before I was thinking about my sexuality (this is why I joined) and why I gravitate toward girls as much as boys. I do not have identity thoughts, I feel like a girl. But I had to wonder whether I was truly a girl. I've given it a lot of thought, but I'm pretty convinced I'm a bi. I mean, I get attached to people all the time, but then I wonder if I actually like this person, and it makes me feel humiliated. I really need some assistance with this. I'm hoping you can give me some guidance.

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey HopiSophi

So wait, you're question is how to come out to your parents, correct? I'm just confused because the title has nothing to do with the post lol

Anyways, how I came out was kind of specific, but my family had a dropbox that my dad set up on all of our phones so that our photos were automatically stored in a digital folder that we could all view. One night, I decided to paint my nails rainbow (I identified as a lesbian to myself at the time) And took photos of them, figuring I could delete the pics before my dad saw them in the morning. Well, my dad checked the folder daily and saw my nail photos while I was at school and then my mom had a talk with me when I got home and that was that. I haven't re-come out yet because I'm more into girls than guys and figure that I can come out again if I get into a relationship.. but yeah. Maybe, if you're scared to tell them, and if it's safe, think of something creative.. think of it as "outing" yourself or you could just write them a note and then have a discussion afterwards. Just make it as easy as you can on yourself obviously

#2 Gleek99, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi HopiSophi, yes I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to say.

These two sentences contradict each other.

With that? The gender identity question you mentioned above or how to come out as bi to your parents?

Beth x

Gleek99 likes this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @HopiSophi. Like the others, I'm a bit confused as to your questions, since they don't seem to align with your thread title.

Regarding identity: what makes you wonder whether you're a girl or not? What kinds of thoughts or feelings do you experience regarding this?

Regarding attractions: what do you experience when around people of the same and opposite sexes? Do you experience varying degrees of attraction? Are there certain people of both sexes you feel closer to/want to be around more than others? Do you experience "butterflies in your stomach", or anything similar to that? Or sexual arousal?

It's difficult for anyone here to know for sure, so sadly, we won't be able to give you any definitive answers--but I hope this gives you a foundation to work from.

If you could tell us a bit more about your situation, perhaps we can help a bit more? :slight_smile: