1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did/does your School Act towards LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrSkittles, Mar 4, 2015.

1. CyanChachki

The middle school I went to dealt with it terribly. The bullying was bad and they did nothing to stop it. The high school I went to was a little more accepting. There where a few other known LGBTQ+ people, one of them was fairly popular but most of them where friends with my sister so I never hung out with them, just because we where involved with different cliques.

2. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am at a university where couple of professors ended up in court because they were openenly aggressive towards a professor who was openly gay and I am happy that he actually won the case, but I found that out after I got in the university... And if those few knew some student was gay he/she would not pass their subject 95%... -.-

3. I don't know that many gay people in my school, but I do know that most of my school is very accepting.

4. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    High school was a mixed bag. On one hand, you have the teachers and staff who are supportive of the LGBT population and founded a GSA; but on the other hand you have the fact that my hometown was in Canadian Bible-Belt redneck territory, and the GSA had no confidentiality or privacy whatsoever. Anyone could walk in or out, including known bullies. It wasn't outright hostile, but rather unwelcoming.

5. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's alright. It could be better, but it also could be worse.

The teachers allowed a poster to be put up that said kids raised by same-sex parents will grow up to be abnormal, which seems highly inappropriate to me. I complained about it and I haven't walked past the wall in a while, so I don't know if they actually listened to me or not, but yeah.

As for the students, a lot of them are shitbags.

My counselor was very nice about me being trans, though.

6. Hizaki

It's goes both ways (get it?). Half of the school comes from the town that it's actually situated in, while the other half get bussed in from God-knows-where. You can tell who is from which by who is wearing camo or hunting gear :lol:. No offence to country people in general, but teenaged farmboys generally aren't the most accepting of any "abnormal" character traits in my experience. Still, I've never seen someone get beat up for it or anything!

EDIT: And I mean literally half of the school, too. It used to be two schools (one got country kids, the other was for town kids), but they're half-way through making a new big school on one of the old schoolgrounds.

7. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a Gay Professor here and he is easily the most beloved Professor at the University.

Their is a LGBT club, but it's kinda on the downlow, don't really see them do anything. Though, they did protest a bill that was being considered in the state legislature a few weeks ago and there was a ton of security (we aren't in the state capital, just a university campus protest).

I would say the school is pretty pro-lgbt, but not militantly so.