1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone been obsessed with your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Michelle1987, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Michelle1987

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Brief background: I've always been straight. I recently came to acceptance for feelings I have for my best friend. I thought, and still think, she feels the same way. We talk all day everyday, spend almost every day together, and cuddle, make out, and are very affectionate when we are drinking. Recently, I told her how I felt because I complained how our mutual friend, Rob, always says that I'm in love with her (Her and Rob have a history...just friends now). She said that it would be okay if I was. I took this as a go-ahead that it would be okay if I told her and it wouldn't ruin our friendship. A few days later I told her how I felt. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings but didn't feel the same way. She said that she wanted space. (I must also add that we also had a fight over the weekend...which I believe she initially wanted space from. But she isn't the type to stay mad for more than 2 days, so I think that initially she may have been mad about the fight and now it's what i told her-- this is all assumption but just what I think)

I haven't really spoken to her in a week and it's been rough. I am doing the best I can at not texting her;although, i've slipped a few times. Unfortunately, we are on the same sports team together so I still have to see her :/ Anyway, Rob is unhealthily obsessed with my feelings for her.

A few weekends ago he was texting her saying that "i'm in love with her, blah blah blah" and she asked him to drop it and let it go but he wouldn't.
    He always brings up the fact that he thinks I love her to her.
    If she hangs out with me and not him he will always make some sort of comment like "oh well have fun with your girlfriend"
    He also knows that we aren't talking right now, but he thinks that it just has to do with the fight. A few days ago he started texting me about how all of our friends think i'm a lesbian and in love with her. He goes on to say that she is homophobic and that I am either obsessed with her or have feelings--- basically over the top about the subject. I told him that I don't care what anyone thinks and that my feelings (and I denied them) arent of concern to anyone but myself. I then said that she isn't homophobic because she has plenty of gay friends and has been to a lesbian wedding for one of her close friends. Then I run into him last night at the bar (he was with her). I was minding my own business. I was cordial and said hello to both of them, but I was hanging out with another friend. He texts me something rude about our fight. Later in the night I went up to him and asked him to stop interfering in our friendship.
    He then again goes on this thing about how he thinks I have feelings for her and blah blah blah.
    I know I just need to ignore him. But it's just so frustrating.I think part of me took so long to even talk to her about my feelings because of how much Rob dwells on it.
    IDK I'm just emotional about everything to begin with and then add Rob who is constantly drawing attention to it. It's just annoying and I don't understand why he cares so much.

Has anyone had similar experience with this? With someone who just wouldn't stop trying to figure out your sexuality??

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    YES!!! My crazy stepsister has nagged me about my sexuality since we were little. It started as a joke but now she is actually curious about it since I don't date, and tons of other reasons. Anyways, she is always trying get it out of me but I still haven't budged. It's actually very frustrating

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My soon-to-be-ex (a.k.a. she-who-must-be-obeyed) has been obsessing quite a lot lately about my sexuality (she is convinced I am gay, I have no idea what gave her that idea... LOL).

Having only recently come out to myself and others (except my wife and kids) it is indeed extremely frustrating not to be able to tell her, but I won't, not until the divorce is over and I am out of the house.