1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Father’s Day

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RejectedAt8, Jun 18, 2023.

1. RejectedAt8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To all the dads here, hope your day is good.

I’m sure there are others here like me that are estranged from their kids due to our sexuality.

It hurts to not be with my kids for the first time in 26 years!

But, I am finally feeling hopeful that they will forgive me for cheating on their mom and accept me as who I really am.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that's how it is this year and tbh seems like they're being unfair about one event compared to all the love support from you in the rest of their lifetime. I hope that's not rude, but that's how I see it from what you've shared so far and we're taught to forgive, love in good times and bad yada yada, right?

Mostly I was going to say that I get a little sad that I never got to be a dad if I think about the good times we might have had and the closeness I'll never know. They said life would be much like everyone I saw around me but it hasn't been at all like that. I was lied to and no Father's Day for me lol!

RejectedAt8 likes this.
  3. Beezy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At8, you're not rejected but loved far more than you may think. Your kids were blessed to have a loving father like you. I hope you have peace and happiness today. I have a hard time forgiving myself that I'm gay but I have tried to be a good father. Maybe my wife would have been better off with another husband but I know more than my share of shitty "straight" husbands out there.

RejectedAt8 likes this.
  4. RejectedAt8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, mnguy. Don’t stop looking for that closeness. You never know where it will come from!

5. RejectedAt8

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Beezy, I also have a hard time forgiving myself. Haven’t yet. Hopefully someday.

I keep reminding myself that if I hadn’t been in a straight marriage, my kids and grandkids would not exist. So, there’s that…

CatsAndDogs likes this.
  6. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking back will not change anything. Your only path is forward. We are human and we make mistakes even your children will. All we can do is live in the moment and allow time to heal some of the wounds of the past. A mistake doesn’t negate all the good you have done as a father. Embrace that!