1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. MusicMan12

LOL so true. :lol:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmm, are you sure that was moi? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've never disliked Glee before (not that I can remember at leasttt). It started quite late in the UK originally so I didn't know what it was for most of America's season 1 run, but I was a fan of it from the very first episode. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Tim

Tim

I totalllly knew they were going to have Alex play a transgendered teen.

And honestly... I actually like his character. I kind of hope they renew him for more than 2 episodes.

I do find it funny that in 1 minute, they made Wade give us more personality than over half the other characters on Glee have the entire time. I didn't really like that they made Kurt and Mercedes look like douchebags in the process.

I do have to wonder: Why does every Vocal Adrenaline member always fear their leader? Shouldn't like, the school board have launched an investigation by now?

I can't tell if Brittany was doing all that because of stupidity, or to show Santana that fame isn't everything, lol.

>_> Did anyone else skip through every song in this episode? I can't stand Disco. Like, at all. Well, I stayed through Alex's song. xD

That Youtube video made me LOL so hard. EVERY video on youtube gets at least 1 negative comment. It's like, a rule.

So with Rachel and Finn in New York, Santana in Louisville, and Kurt god knows where... exactly how do they intend to tie all 4 of them into season 4? Considering they've all been signed on for it.

And... did Jesse kick Wade off Vocal Adrenaline or no? We know they made it to Nationals, but we don't know what Jesse did.

#3323 Tim, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked this episode better than the last one, mainly because it finally gave some attention to what the kids are going to do. It's going to be nice to not have to see Finn waffling every episode about New York.

I liked Unique a lot. An actual transgendered character was much needed, and seeing her displayed in a positive light, despite Kurt and Mercedes, was really great. I just really dislike Alex. Except when he's in drag. Then I can handle him.

5. Emberstone

What I liked about the wade plotline is the fact that it reinforces the fact that if you had been seeing Unique preform, and did not know it was a transgendered student, you would assume it was simply a very talented female student. You would never know the difference.

overall though, I did not like this episode. Where was quinn?

the two good parts were Unique's song, and the cut-in's of lord tubbyington doing housework.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw Quinn briefly around the stage during Santana's number, that's all I saw of her.

And ugh, I tweeted about Lord Tubbington or Tubbyington but called him Mr. not Lord. Fail on my part! lol

7. MusicMan12

WHAATT!?? They're all going to be in the next season!!??(!)

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2012 at 02:25 PM ----------

Also, did Rory officially go back to Ireland? Did I miss that or something? Or was he just not in this episode? haha

8. dreamcatcher

I was kinda bored with this episode and didn't like the songs too much. But I also enjoyed seeing Lord Tubbington doing housework :slight_smile:

9. Emberstone

I was tempted to put sponges on my kitty's feet, and making him scrub the floor.

10. Markio

I liked the Sam-Mercedes interactions. I liked Mercedes' number, the opening number, and Wade's number.

I'm a little confused by the way Wade is written. So he's transgender because he identifies as a woman, right? But when he was describing (and performing as) Unique, it seemed more like Unique was a stage persona, or drag queen. Drag Queens and transgender are not the same thing. I wish they had been more clear on making this distinction. Hopefully there will be more information presented in his story-arc.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to know...since he only won a two episode arc.

12. Tim

Tim

Something we've known for a long time, Fox finally announced. Surprised no one brought this up almost 2 weeks ago when it was announced. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fox Renews Glee For Season 4, New Girl For Season 2 - TVLine

Glee's been renewed for a fourth season. (though, considering as said before, four of the cast have been signed on for a fourth season for months, and the Glee Project 2 was greenlit and cast/filmed already... was pretty obvious)

And supposedly the way he intends to tie characters like Rachel, Finn, Kurt, and Santana into the show during season 4 is supposedly "revolutionary." We shall see.

Lea Michele Talks Glee's "Revolutionary" Fourth Season and What's Ahead for Finn and Rachel! - E! Online

13. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Performance of "How Will I Know"
    [YOUTUBE]jkhT_W0CR6w[/YOUTUBE]

14. Tim

Tim

Meh.

To be honest, too many tribute episodes in the past few episodes.

They told us there would only be one. We've had 3 in the past 5 or so episodes. I'll let the Whitney one slide, because well, her dying wasn't exactly planned. But Michael Jackson and Saturday Night Fever?

Anyway, I showed a friend a video of Alex singing that, and she swore up and down he was a woman, said something like "There is no way a man sounds like that."

I had to resist slapping her. Though, I do have to say, Alex's voice is amazingly androgynous when he wants it to be.

15. Silver Sparrow

So much transphobia from Kurt and Mercedes...

16. Tim

Tim

It wasn't so much transphobia as trying to look out for Unique.

They're in Ohio. *not to offend people who live there*, but compared to a lot of other states, Ohio is not very accepting of people outside of what society accepts as "normal."

Anyway, was I the only one who found it odd that the other members of Vocal Adrenaline seemingly had no shock with Unique, but Jessie did?

17. Tim

Tim

Also, I hate to say it, but I hate that I can't question how the Glee club affords things like the Disco Floor during Disco Inferno now.

Sugar's rich and wants to please everyone. XD

18. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haven't we learned not to trust anything Ryan Murphy and company tell us by now? :grin:

To be honest, I agree. Yes, this may be Ohio, and thus not the most welcoming place in the States, but a glee club competition isn't the most hetero place in the world either. And if not now, when was Unique supposed to make an appearance? Not everyone can wait for inevitable stardom in NYC.

19. MusicMan12

Whatever happened to Sugar??? And Rory??? and Quinn??? I hate how they randomly just leave people out of some episodes

20. Tim

Tim

Damian's won episodes ran out.

He was kept on past the initial 7 he won, but his new contract won't take effect til season 4, meaning we'll see minimal Rory until then. We'll still see him though. He's like a recurring character now, (AKA Lauren before she was brought on as a guest starring character in season 2) They're not on contract, they get paid when they're used though, naturally.

Quinn is most likely busy doing physical therapy.

Sugar... can't really say. Not sure what's up with Vanessa's contract.