1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys - would you date a male crossdresser?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SFSorrow, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mogget

It's not a dealbreaker, no.

2. J Snow

Well seeing as how I consider myself trans I may be a bit biased and not in the specific demographic you are looking for, but I don't see the harm in exploring a partners sexual fantasies every now and then. I mean, I think it would be a different issue if they would ONLY be intimate while dressed, but as long as its an occasional thing, I would honestly find it very shallow for someone to not date a person just because of that.

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going against the grain here but no, I don't think I could. I just don't understand the attraction of a man in drag. I don't have anything against it but I don't find it personally attractive.

4. Given To Fly

Why not? It's not something I've ever considered doing myself, and I can't say the idea turns me on (although who knows), but I'd be a fool to turn you down based on the idea of crossdressing alone. Obviously it depends on your personality, but all things considered a fetish (is that the right word?), or even a hobby or interest - shouldn't be a deal-breaker. I enjoy taking photos of aircraft and trains - some people would write me off just for that...

5. I'm not gay (although I lean heavily toward guys), but I'd have no problem dating someone who crossdresses, whether their reasons were sexual, artistic, etc. In fact, it's a bit of a turn on, since I find androgyny hot. I occasionally crossdress myself, and I love it.

6. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Would I do drag? No, just because women's fashion is something I like to look at but not something I'd want to wear. But if my boyfriend went out in drag sometimes, or even all the time, I wouldn't be any less attracted to him. I'd think it was great that he felt secure enough about himself and trusted me enough to reveal a (stigmatized my mainstream society) component of who he is.

7. Aldrick

I have an attraction to all sorts of men in all ages, shapes, and sizes. Whether they be fat, skinny, muscular, tall, short, smooth, hairy, fem, or masculine... I'm just a natural whore like that, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Over the years, my attraction to androgynous men has exploded. Like, seriously - I have a secret crush on B. Scott. If he didn't live on the other side of the U.S. I'd totally turn into a love muffin stalker. :lol:

B. Scott - Kiss Kiss - YouTube

Would it bother me that a guy I was with crossdressed? No, not in the least. I'd be more concerned about what other people would think; that would be my own personal insecurity. I'd find it both fun and attractive. Women have way more awesome stuff to wear than men; it just isn't fair - not in the least.

Such a guy would definitely bring out the stereotypical gay in me; I'd love to take him shopping for clothes. I guess in a way, it's kinda like playing Barbie with my sister again, except I'd actually want to have sex with this one. :wink:

Romantically speaking? Well, I don't suppose it'd be all that much different than with any other guy. The cross dressing would just be a fun little thing about his personality, it wouldn't comprise who he is - just make him more interesting.

8. SFSorrow

This is the kind of response I really wanted :icon_wink

Seriously though thanks to everyone who replied, all much appreciated, whether the answer was aye or nay, all made interesting reading :icon_bigg
    I've got a few comments and remarks but I'll save them for when I can get onto a computer rather than my phone and answer properly.

9. Ianthe

Like anything else, I think it won't be for everyone, but you'll find plenty of partners. And, as you saw with Zontar, there will be some who go absolutely wild for it. So go for it!

I love that he presents that femme and goes shirtless. That's awesome. I wish there were more visible (high profile) men with that kind of presentation. I think it would do a lot of good.

10. Aldrick

Absolutely. It wasn't that long ago when a woman wearing pants in public would have drawn attention and condemnation. I love that B. Scott blends the masculine and the feminine together - an awesome man not just in looks but in personality as well.

When I'm feeling down or need a boost, I sometimes turn on one of his videos. He is high energy, confident, funny, full of love and life, and a proudly 'fabulous super gay'. :lol:

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I think crossdressing is extremely attractive. I often fantasize about making love to a guy in nylons. I don't really like makeup though, so I guess I'd draw a few lines.

12. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I don't think I could date a guy who cross-dresses. I just find anything female/feminine on a guy a turn-off I guess.

13. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going to count myself as male here! Yes I would ! Though I'm not really gay... and I'm more interested in feminime guys ... so my answer is pretty invalid ...

14. Iamme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My ex like to wear ladies thongs and thigh highs. I thought he looked hot and better than some ladies I'd seen in them-- so it turned me on, plus he liked how they made him feel and how he looked in them. He mentioned wearing skirts and heels out in public (for me) but we never got that far- nor will we ever- he decided to be 100% straight- and bury that part of his past.

I guess to answer ur question- for me (the "half gay guy) I technically never stopped chasing "skirts" it's all about what you and ur partner agree on!!
    good luck

15. paul

Yeah not to hurt anyone's feelings but no. That is just a turn off for me. I am gay so I want to date a man, not a man dressed up as a woman because being gay, I am attracted to just regular guys.

16. Hawthorne

Seeing as I am like that yes. I love someone that is completely in touch with their feminine side! I find it absolutely a turn on.

17. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's probably the only kind of masculine guy I could live with for longer than 2 hours. I may like masculine body but I'd probably never overcome my perception of someone with 100% masculine personality as "potentially bigoted bully, avoid." I know it's unfair, there are some open-minded and accepting masculine guys, but... I just had too many bad experiences in this regard.

18. brocub

No, I wouldn't. If I can't get a hard-on for a guy whose personality is feminine, I probably can't get one for a guy who is cross-dressing. Sex is important to me in a relationship and, if it's physically impossible for me to do it, there's no point.

19. Aielar

Hmm. Well I've never really thought about it, but I'd be willing to give a relationship with someone who crossdressed a try. I myself wear 'androgynous' clothing because that's how I feel most comfortable. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable if they did it 24/7, but occasionally would probably be fine. Honestly, I think I'll just cross that bridge if I ever come to it. Like others have said, if you meet someone who's not ok with crossdressing then might be best to move on and find someone who accepts every part of you :slight_smile:

20. stephenjack

Personally not if it was an ongoing thing, because i just find masculinity hot in a guy. But if it's an occasional thing and most of his mannerisms are normally masculine, sure. If i like someone for their personality and the only thing that doesn't completely satisfy me is that once in a while they cross-dress, no problem!